Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Can he play defensive midfield?  If so, he should and we should sack off Sanchez as soon as possible.  Plenty of energy in the middle of the park and a willingness to drive with the ball.

If I were Garde I'd be seriously considering this. It's problematic because you then have nobody who will come forward to link midfield and attack (not that we do it well anyway) but I'd ask him to stay back and protect the defence until January where I'd be looking for bring in a proper CDM. 
Sanchez despite mini moments of quality isn't good enough to be a lone CDM in the premiership.

Horrible first half, like Sanchez he has a f-up in him. Better in the second half but he REALLY REALLY REALLY should have done better on Ayew's cross (the one Gestede missed). Veretout was on the penalty spot completely un marked, or he could've taken a shot on goal. Terrible.

• Like 1

didnt think he was as bad as some people are suggesting. He had some very poor moments (usually when him and sanchez were passing to each other), but he at least showed an ability to carry the ball from midfield, and he looked more engaged off the ball than he has in other recent games.

Â