Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

Maybe Neville had a point when he said that the team Kmac put out was him trying to prove a point to the like of Fox and Reilly as 6 of the bench were summer signings, the other was Gil and Gana and Adama don't even make the squad. Like he was trying to prove that homegrown experience is the way to go and not the foreigners.

Well KMac is a **** moron then.He can shove his theory and opinion up his arse, along with his p45.

I like to give KMac the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he figured he'd give the non-Frenchies a last chance before the French manager moves in, naively thinking they might take that last chance.

Maybe Neville had a point when he said that the team Kmac put out was him trying to prove a point to the like of Fox and Reilly as 6 of the bench were summer signings, the other was Gil and Gana and Adama don't even make the squad. Like he was trying to prove that homegrown experience is the way to go and not the foreigners.

Didn't work. 

Ayew and Gil were our best players when we came on and Gestede looked a threat too if he got service.

If that was KMac's plan, then all Fox and Reilly would have seen was Villa playing like absolute shite until 3 new (ish in the case of Gil) came off the bench and saved our blushes.

IF this is all true (and it's a big if) then changes need to be made to the mentality around the team ASAP. What we certainly cannot be doing is dividing the squad into 'Brits' and 'foreigners' and then privileging either group. We're a multimillion pound sports team playing in the richest football league in the world FFS, not a park team managed by your neighbourhood bigot. 

I sincerely hope there's no truth to it at all. 

• Like 1

All I know is that yet again I'm embarrassed to go into work knowing that half of my colleagues watched the game last night. Honestly what do I even say anymore? 'That's not our first team sheet!!' Desperately clinging on to any shred of hope that the turmoil will end - Kmac did a good job last time, but serious... WTAF was he thinking last night, gana would of been a million and one more times productive in the centre of the park, who knows, may of even rescued some points. Disgusting.

Our only poor summer signings were Lescott and arguably Gestede. All the others are either good already or potentially very good. Jury out on Veretout as well I guess.

Gana, Richards, Amavi and Ayew all look great signings.

• Like 2

Our only poor summer signings were Lescott and arguably Gestede. All the others are either good already or potentially very good. Jury out on Veretout as well I guess.

Gana, Richards, Amavi and Ayew all look great signings.

I agree Tom, with Rudy I think there is talent there but we are not playing to his strengths. But Gana should be first player in the squad. Hopefully Garde has some common sense unlike the other bafoons

• Like 2

thats what shits me.. all the press and commentators are saying our signings were shit in the off season.. Moneyball tactics etc.

Well to me.. i dont even think we have tapped into their abilities yet.. noone has played more than 5-6 games in the premier league. Even Gil hasnt had a proper run in the side. How can we rule them out as dud players?

The dud players were from last night..... so called experienced players who were just bang average and should not be starting games on a consistent basis. I would take the likes of Gil Ayew Veretout Amavi over Lescott RIchardson Gabby etc.

Our best players this season have been Richards, Gana, Gil, Ayew and Amavi. So yeah, it must be Reilly's fault.

• Like 1

thats what shits me.. all the press and commentators are saying our signings were shit in the off season.. Moneyball tactics etc.

Well to me.. i dont even think we have tapped into their abilities yet.. noone has played more than 5-6 games in the premier league. Even Gil hasnt had a proper run in the side. How can we rule them out as dud players?

The dud players were from last night..... so called experienced players who were just bang average and should not be starting games on a consistent basis. I would take the likes of Gil Ayew Veretout Amavi over Lescott RIchardson Gabby etc.

Our best players this season have been Richards, Gana, Gil, Ayew and Amavi. So yeah, it must be Reilly's fault.

Spot on. Amavi made a error against palace ok it happens but how many has guzan made for example. clarks experienced and look at the stupid mistake he made against spurs? Amavi I think has been badly treated just like gana and ayew

• 3 weeks later...
Â