Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

I'm not quite as convinced as some, I like him, but I've heard people compare him favourably to Delph which I think is a bit of a jump. He's been decent, made a bright start to his Villa career - he's like Delph without the dribbling ability, or I guess like Cleverley without the forward runs. I'd still have either of those two above him, but he's decent and he's still settling. I think we're light in this area, especially if we play with three in the middle. We're going to need him.

I'm not quite as convinced as some, I like him, but I've heard people compare him favourably to Delph which I think is a bit of a jump. He's been decent, made a bright start to his Villa career - he's like Delph without the dribbling ability, or I guess like Cleverley without the forward runs. I'd still have either of those two above him, but he's decent and he's still settling. I think we're light in this area, especially if we play with three in the middle. We're going to need him.

To be fair, in his first couple of games he displayed the qualities of the players you have mentioned and more! He has just been in a slump, like the rest of the team.

To be fair, in his first couple of games he displayed the qualities of the players you have mentioned and more! He has just been in a slump, like the rest of the team.

I've seen a lot of effort, a lot of energy, but not yet he quality that to be fair to him, I think he might well have. I think there's more to come. I actually think he might benefit from slowing down a little. People will have told him he needs to adjust to the pace of the Premier League, and he's proved he can do that, but I think he can be better by sometimes forcing games to slow a little.

I think that was probably just the usual "he's shit" attitude when a player leaves us. 

Gana has a long way to go before he's better than Delph.

Could happen, he has the qualities needed. but he's not there yet.

I think that was probably just the usual "he's shit" attitude when a player leaves us. 

Gana has a long way to go before he's better than Delph.

Could happen, he has the qualities needed. but he's not there yet.

I was never a fan of Delph, and I think Gueye has much more impact in the game. I am ignoring to some extent his performances in the games since he came back from injury as I believe that form is temporary, and the last game he was improving again.

He's definitely a more intelligent player than Delph.

Based on what?

You can just tell by watching him play. The way he moves the ball, the positions he gets himself into, the passes he plays.

Fair enough. I haven't seen that. Yet.

I think we are willing him to be the new Delph or better.

but so far he hasn't quite been that player, but he has showed the most potential out of all our signings.

I think the class is there, but until we start winning and get a settled side the confidence is lacking in him and everyone. Catch 22

• Like 1

He certainly hasn't had more impact in any of our games so far than Delph used to.

But I think he has the potential. We'll have to wait and see if he realises it.

Delph is so incredibly overrated.

I don't particularly rate Delph that highly. I think he had some significant limitations.

I'm not trying to say he was an amazing player.

But he was better for us than gana has been so far. Gana's only played a handful of games and he's been pants in half of them.

Lets not revise history just because we all Delph him now.

Edited by Stevo985

He certainly hasn't had more impact in any of our games so far than Delph used to.

But I think he has the potential. We'll have to wait and see if he realises it.

Delph is so incredibly overrated.

I don't particularly rate Delph that highly. I think he had some significant limitations.

I'm not trying to say he was an amazing player.

But he was better for us than gana has been so far. Gana's only played a handful of games and he's been pants in half of them.

Lets not revise history just because we all Delph him now.

Delph was pants in > half of his Villa games.

Â