Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

At least it shows there is money for good players. We need a solid LB & cam now

Could be Amavi and Chery.
I'd be happy with that.
Amavi doesn't want to come here, that's why we have had zero info since the day of our supposed bid being accepted.

I think it's more that he's holding out for an offer from a better club because I think he'd come if we were in the only ones in for him. Seeing as we've tried to get Boilesen already, I think the deal is dead in the water though.

Hopefully we've since moved on then. I would have liked him but you can't be hanging round in this market

At least it shows there is money for good players. We need a solid LB & cam now

Could be Amavi and Chery.
I'd be happy with that.
Amavi doesn't want to come here, that's why we have had zero info since the day of our supposed bid being accepted.

I think it's more that he's holding out for an offer from a better club because I think he'd come if we were in the only ones in for him. Seeing as we've tried to get Boilesen already, I think the deal is dead in the water though.

Hopefully we've since moved on then. I would have liked him but you can't be hanging round in this market

I'm hoping we've left the offer on the table and then walked away to pursue other targets. He's seemingly a hell of a talent but we've got to get somebody in - so keeping irons in the fire makes sense to me.

"The Sun" says Aston Villa are set to make a £6.5m move for Senegal midfielder Idrissa Gueye, which could prompt the departure of Fabian Delph, also 25, from the West Midlands club. Trust them to add a negative to the news. 

• Like 1

never going to happen he isnt a British player for Brighton or Derby or ex-Spurs

Sherwood knows no foreigners

""Agent Mark McKay, acting for Lille, said: 'Idrissa has a lot of interest and the pull of Marseille is big for any player in France but the lure of the Premier League should outweigh that.

'He is due to speak to Paddy Reilly, Aston Villa's director of recruitment tomorrow and hopefully matters will be concluded.'

Trolling failed.

never going to happen he isnt a British player for Brighton or Derby or ex-Spurs

Sherwood knows no foreigners

""Agent Mark McKay, acting for Lille, said: 'Idrissa has a lot of interest and the pull of Marseille is big for any player in France but the lure of the Premier League should outweigh that.

'He is due to speak to Paddy Reilly, Aston Villa's director of recruitment tomorrow and hopefully matters will be concluded.'

Trolling failed.

Huh, this is an actual quote from an article. lol.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3146554/Aston-Villa-verge-signing-Idrissa-Gueye-agreeing-9m-transfer-Lille.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Aye, Zat is digging for a reaction from those who think Sherwood only recruits English etc. But the agent has said the player will talk to our recruitment guy, strangely, not Sherwood. So it looks like it isn't Sherwood doing the running on this. Zatman, of course, was expecting a reaction and yet he just sounds silly now.

Not really. You look like a bit of a prat for making a deal of it. He was just joking around I'm sure, you've piled in for no apparent reason.

• Like 2

It's a positive all round. He's a highly coveted by many teams, Southampton looking at him with their recent purchase track record is good news, as long as we can get it wrapped up.

Plus the fact we're looking at spending 9m on a player, to stop the whinging about we have no money and were bargain basement shopping.

Hopefully this can get done by the weekend. I've not seen anything of him but I'll trust the judgement of Reilly and Sherwood.

I've watched a few clips of Gueye playing since this news broke and he looks decent, there's a video on youtube of him against Everton where a lot of the play went through him and he rarely gave the ball away. He also didn't seem afraid to push forward when he could and also seemed to like a shot when it was on. The prem might be a bit fast for him at first but hopefully he will settle in fast. I'm quite surprised like a lot of you that we have found 9 million to buy a play like this. 

Â