Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

Everybody harping on about NO money need to remember we have actually spent money and have a budget every season, we usually spend circa 20 mill. Further more we have reduced the wage bill, and it has been mentioned several time by people in and outside of the club that the austerity period can now be relaxed somewhat!

£20m is and was not then enough. I would also question how often our net spend has been circa £20m since MON left (50/50 or less) ;) ? I share your hope that austerity is at an end now at VP but I  will wait to see what our net spend on transfer trading during the whole of this window is before being confident about that. 

I can see someone else bidding for him and him choosing to go there. Seems there's a lot of interest in this player.

Yes, think there is a bit to go still on this one, though it has come from nowhere.

I can see someone else bidding for him and him choosing to go there. Seems there's a lot of interest in this player.

Yes, think there is a bit to go still on this one, though it has come from nowhere.

If he is in fact flying over tomorrow lets hope we go all out to get him. Looks/sounds quality from pieces of read just now

Gueye looked set for Marseille but a number of Premier League clubs made offers and Villa have moved ahead in the pursuit of his signature.

The move would represent one of the biggest in recent years, surpassing the £7million fee paid to Genk for Christian Benteke – the highest price predecessor Paul Lambert was able to pay.

Marseille, Southampton, West Ham and Crystal Palace have all bid for the 25-year-old but it seems Villa have beaten their top-flight rivals.

Agent Mark McKay, acting for Lille, said: 'Idrissa has a lot of interest and the pull of Marseille is big for any player in France but the lure of the Premier League should outweigh that.

'He is due to speak to Paddy Reilly, Aston Villa's director of recruitment tomorrow and hopefully matters will be concluded.' 

Quote from the agent now. Good stuff!

• Like 4

Gueye looked set for Marseille but a number of Premier League clubs made offers and Villa have moved ahead in the pursuit of his signature.

The move would represent one of the biggest in recent years, surpassing the £7million fee paid to Genk for Christian Benteke – the highest price predecessor Paul Lambert was able to pay.

Marseille, Southampton, West Ham and Crystal Palace have all bid for the 25-year-old but it seems Villa have beaten their top-flight rivals.

Agent Mark McKay, acting for Lille, said: 'Idrissa has a lot of interest and the pull of Marseille is big for any player in France but the lure of the Premier League should outweigh that.

'He is due to speak to Paddy Reilly, Aston Villa's director of recruitment tomorrow and hopefully matters will be concluded.'

Quote from the agent now. Good stuff!
All respect to the French league but it cannot (outside of PSG/Monaco) compete with the prem in terms of money & exposure. It's better to join say a midtable side than a top 5

Club in another league.

If he's in for talks in confident we can get it done.

Edited by mightysasquatch

Â