Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

We'll play with a holding player & two box to box mids I think.

Then two off a main striker...so who plays on the left of a three man midfield?

Cambiasso, I hope.

I'd like him in the deep role but needs to be another high energy player with gueye. I think we could go with Bacuna-Sanchez (or Westwood -_-) Gueye.

Wasn't Darder linked? He would probably be the other player.

Wasn't Darder linked? He would probably be the other player.

Just saw us being linked with Tom Carroll as replacement for [word removed].

Edited by Gary Thomas

Just read a headline in ESPN.  It reads, “New Aston Villa signing Idrissa Gueye wants move to big club in future”.  Jesus Christ he hasn’t kicked a ball for us yet and they are already talking about him moving.  It really is unbelievable.

That's frustrating as while it is the truth as the lad has ambition that unless we start getting Top 6 again we likely won't match, but why they have to post it now? Ruffle some feathers in 2-3 years ESPN when the "big" clubs are coming in for him, don't do it right when he's just joined. 

Just read a headline in ESPN.  It reads, “New Aston Villa signing Idrissa Gueye wants move to big club in future”.  Jesus Christ he hasn’t kicked a ball for us yet and they are already talking about him moving.  It really is unbelievable.

It is our job to make sure we match his aspirations and become the bigger club he moves to.

• Like 1

I don't understand, according all our PR we're already a big club?

Plus if he has those ambitions good for us,  as he'll need to demonstrate he's worthy of playing at the next level.

Absolutely. I actually like that he has that ambition and have no problem moving him on to one of the top 4 in 3 years or so – probably means he will have played exceptionally well, he will have helped us move up the league and he will generate funds to reinvest in young talent.  Just niggles me that the media have such a low opinion of us these days.

He shouldn't have said it. It's a suicidal thing to say as soon as you join your new team.

He's lucky that the fans here probably won't care. If anything I like his honesty after the Delph fiasco. 

I find his honesty refreshing. If he want's to play for a big club that is challenging from trophies then he either helps raise us to that position or plays well enough that they come in for him.

Win win, (Unless he has a 30p release clause of course)

Edited by sexbelowsound

It is our job to make sure we match his aspirations and become the bigger club he moves to.

Yep.

We are a big club but are run like a small club. Not the fault of players who want to leave to find clubs which are run as bigger clubs.

The issues are Lerner and FFP. Lerner takes the piss, but FFP doesn't help. 

He shouldn't have said it. It's a suicidal thing to say as soon as you join your new team.

He's lucky that the fans here probably won't care. If anything I like his honesty after the Delph fiasco. 

Alpay said similar when he joined

Â