Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

To be fair, plenty of signings credited Lambert with selling the club to them.

I think it's a fairly common line for signings to compliment the manager they're about to play for.

• Like 1

To be fair, plenty of signings credited Lambert with selling the club to them.

I think it's a fairly common line for signings to compliment the manager they're about to play for.

Agree. I also think we sometimes play down how impressive the facilities are at the club. I honestly think the club sells its self too, when new players get the tour of BMH and VP.

• Like 1

Seems a biggish fee for a player in that position, for a club like ours I mean. Must be highly rated.

Or it could just be a case of we are better off buying 1 £9m player than 4 £2.5m players

• Like 1

I'm happy that we have ended up with Gueye instead of Cleverley, he looks to be a lot more versatile and a lot better with the ball at his feet and is capable of beating players.  Cleverley had a decent spell for about a quarter of the season but other than that he was crap and extremely limited.    

Quarter? More like 5 games

Seems a biggish fee for a player in that position, for a club like ours I mean. Must be highly rated.

Or it could just be a case of we are better off buying 1 £9m player than 4 £2.5m players

Not really to do with my post.

Not really to do with my post.

Disagree, it wasn't that long ago we were splashing £8.5m on Reo-Coker, that season we got £18m for tv rights, this season we get about £73m. We've just been disgracefully mismanaged since.

• Like 1

why is there still no official announcement yet?

i still wont believe that villa have signed any players until they are holding up the shirt

something about work permit, although they could announce with 'subject to'

According to his wiki he has only played 24 times for Senegal in the last 4 years, doesn't sound like he meets the criteria to automatically be given a permit so were going down the exceptional circumstance route with this one

According to his wiki he has only played 24 times for Senegal in the last 4 years, doesn't sound like he meets the criteria to automatically be given a permit so were going down the exceptional circumstance route with this one

He'll get the permit with no problem.

isnt this a detail that out scouts should of looked into "sorry, tim, theres going to be an issue with this one"

Not necessarily, the club would have known wether he was likely to be given a work permit based on probability's, its not like that Brazilian joker arsenal signed who has never represented his country once, or man Utd signing that Chilean kid a few years ago who hasn't been heard of since, they got work permits no problem so I don't see I being an issue here

The hold up could quite easily be because his permit hearing isn't until Monday

Villa are always very secretive when it comes to transfers, its frustrating but id rather this than announcing the signing and them having his permit rejected.

Â