Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

why is there still no official announcement yet?

i still wont believe that villa have signed any players until they are holding up the shirt

probably can't hold up 'the' shirt until next Wednesday, when it's officially unveiled.

I wonder if any Football Manager enthusiasts can shed light on this...

Being that he's been at Lille and in France since he was 13, I would imagine he's already got a French Passport, does anyone know anything more on this?

Being that he's been at Lille and in France since he was 13, I would imagine he's already got a French Passport, does anyone know anything more on this?

He joined Lille in 2008 

He could have applied for dual citizenship and be a French national. But reporters are going on about his work permit so that seems unlikely.

No idea where I read the 13 bit then! But still, 7 years in France, I would have thought he would have applied for dual nationality.

The mind boggles!

No idea where I read the 13 bit then! But still, 7 years in France, I would have thought he would have applied for dual nationality.

The mind boggles!

10 years I think?

The mind boggles!

10 years I think?

If he joined in 2008 then it's 7 years ago...

Stuart James ‏@StuartJamesGNM 1m1 minute ago

Idrissa Gueye deal done with Villa - subject to work permit but should be a formality. Sherwood played a big part in convincing him to sign.

Here's his followup article on that. http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/03/idrissa-gueye-aston-villa-lille

the photo is like a sign ;)

Edited by Zatman

The mind boggles!

10 years I think?

Saying that, just reading the linked article, it says that he joined Lille at the age of 13. Unless he was loaned back to a club in Senegal... Well.... I give up!

Senegal have played 28 competitive games the last 4 years he has 24 caps, he would need to have played in 21 of those games, unless he was unavailable due to injury for some. Chances are he doesn't qualify unless he only played in 3 friendlies or he was injured for a bit.

Senegal have played 28 competitive games the last 4 years he has 24 caps, he would need to have played in 21 of those games, unless he was unavailable due to injury for some. Chances are he doesn't qualify unless he only played in 3 friendlies or he was injured for a bit.

He's actually played in 19 competitive games  :bang:

The mind boggles!

10 years I think?

I meant 10 years is the time you need to spend in a country before you can apply for a passport, might (probably am) wrong mind Edited by Jimzk5

The mind boggles!

10 years I think?
I meant 10 years is the time you need to spend in a country before you can apply for a passport, might (probably am) wrong mind

I just googled it on Yahoo, and from many different sources it's after 5 consecutive years of living in France you can apply to become a French Citizen and obtain a passport.

Edited by DeadlyDirk

I thought you get work permit if the country is in top 75 on world rankings which I assume Senegal are given they're not a minor nation and/or you've played 75% of games in last two years, seems Gueye is usually a regular for them so don't foresee problems here.

isnt this a detail that out scouts should of looked into "sorry, tim, theres going to be an issue with this one"

Yeah, they still have to follow procedure!

Normally the Scouting report will contain the line "Should keep an eye on him in case he qualifies for a work permit at a later date..."

Oh sorry, I forgot this was real life.

Â