Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

Idrissa Gueye has passed a medical at Aston Villa and is set to complete his £9million move from Lille next week.

Manager Tim Sherwood played a key role in convincing the box-to-box midfielder to join the club after talks at Bodymoor Heath training ground on Thursday and Friday.

Gueye has agreed terms but Villa must wait on paper work pertaining to the Senegal international's work permit.

Full article here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3148899/Aston-Villa-set-sign-Idrissa-Gueye-9m-week-Lille-midfielder-passes-medical-agrees-personal-terms.html

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 1

Not being picky but that article doesn't actually say it will be done on Monday, rather next week, when the paperwork is done. As we've seem in the past, these things can take time.

Edited by briny_ear

An article by Mat Kendrick vaguely about Gueye but more about our former African players. I found it interesting though CLICK

Hopefully relevant enough for this thread, sorry mods if not.

Benteke is African though really, so if Gueye is going to become our best African player he'll have to go some.

Hope the deal is completely fairly soon next week. 

I have no doubt he'll sign but if it drags no doubt we'll get VT posts like "OMG why hasn't he signed....we're a joke, Lerner do one, relegation with 10 points for sure"

Idrissa Gueye has passed a medical at Aston Villa and is set to complete his £9million move from Lille next week.

Manager Tim Sherwood played a key role in convincing the box-to-box midfielder to join the club after talks at Bodymoor Heath training ground on Thursday and Friday.

Gueye has agreed terms but Villa must wait on paper work pertaining to the Senegal international's work permit.

Full article here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3148899/Aston-Villa-set-sign-Idrissa-Gueye-9m-week-Lille-midfielder-passes-medical-agrees-personal-terms.html

Doesn't mention Monday, and there is nothing new in that article, could have been written on Friday.

Someone on TalkSport today said (and we all know how reliable they are ;)) that the deal was done but would not be final until mid July when the work permit situation was sorted. I hope for once they are right!   

Edited by John
  • Like 1

Just a update from Sherwood on the Transfer Centre. 

Meanwhile, Sherwood is confident Aston Villa can wrap up a deal Lille midfielder Idrissa Gueye, despite work permit issues.

He added: “It looks that way. We are hoping for him to sign. There are work permit issues but I think we’ll be alright with that one.”

• Like 1

Â