Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

He's an enormous disappointment. Great start, but his injury really set of a poor run of form and he hasn't recovered. He doesn't look up to the task, he is not a leader, and to be honest, the more he plays, the more his Champions League comments look delusional. Sadly he's a waste of money based of his first half a season here. 

• Like 3

I think he should be one of the first names on the team sheet given the level of energy he brings to the midfield, but he isn't currently playing at the level of form he showed when he first came in.

A lot of posters seem very quick to jump on his back, but he has been one of our better players this season. Having said that, he made so many bone-headed decisions against Norwich, both with the ball and without. He gave away a number of needless free kicks in dangerous areas.

But like I said, one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

16 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

A classic example of statistics not telling the full story. 

But telling some of it at the same time. At least offering some evidence of what he brings the team, rather than just saying 'he's shit'. 

12 hours ago, Keyblade said:

His pressing, interceptions and even forward runs really benefit us at the moment.

Benefitting us how??? We haven't won a game since August. I think he started very well but has gone off the ball totally. It's to be expected when he has never played in the league before, or played so often. If we had a squad he's the type of "Johnny foreigner" you would rotate around this time of year to keep him fresh. We don't have a squad and just flog him in a side that's defeated before they even get on the pitch.

• Like 2

It's difficult for both Gana and Veretout. I have a bit if sympathy, to be honest. They're playing positions where they need to take responsibility in dictating tempo and style. Neither of them is confident enough as yet to do this and Sanchez is incapable of leading by example. 

Prime among our many problems is this squidgy centre. 

• Like 1

Really? His distribution is terrible. He must have turned over the ball 15 times over the 90 mins... Westwood might not be a match winner but at least he keeps it tidy on the ball...

People being harsh on him I feel. His first season in the Premier League, playing in an awful team with no confidence.

Showed quality early on and I agree has been poor since, still obvs a good player though. Let's bear with him.

People being harsh on him I feel. His first season in the Premier League, playing in an awful team with no confidence.

Showed quality early on and I agree has been poor since, still obvs a good player though. Let's bear with him.

I agree he started well, but has been poor for months now. Needs some wise words from Remi and some time out of the team I think...

Â