Micah Richards

Demitri_C

One of the worst centrebacks, positionally, I have seen in a long time. Bombs forward and then waddles back down the pitch when he loses the ball. I would absolutely loath playing alongside him if I was his defensive partner.

28 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I've literally being saying that for months jon and took a lot of shit for it.

Hopefully people are waking up to it. 

He's shite, he has no clue about how to defend, his positioning and ability to read the game is appalling. He should either be at right back or not in the team at all. Like you, I said this when he signed, so I'm absolutely not surprised that he was out there today costing us another goal.

34 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I've literally being saying that for months jon and took a lot of shit for it.

Hopefully people are waking up to it. 

Ditto. He is constantly looking to try and intercept which pulls him out of position.

It's so blatantly obvious that he should be played RB. Positionally, he is not good enough to play CB, so why not put him at RB, where he has played most of his career, so he can use his strength of going forward. He'd be so much better than Hutton. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sne said:

It's not hard to see why he was benched at Fiorentina.

Total liability, all gusto and no composure or positional sense 

He was only ever played at the back in a 3 at Fiorentina

Probably so when he went rampaging forward he didn't leave as much space in behind

Just now, AshVilla said:

He was only ever played at the back in a 3 at Fiorentina

Probably so when he went rampaging forward he didn't leave as much space in behind

From what i gathered from a few Fiorentina forums when we signed him they all said the big problem with him was that he liked to go along in the attacks, but always failed to track back, leaving them a man short in defense.

They thought he'd be more suited to the less tactical, more gung ho PL than the Serie A

I would say a great deal of our current position has been down to the fact that we have this guy as supposedly our main central defender. Defender who can't even get the basics of defending right. Look at his non existent marking for the goal. He has been doing that (or not doing that, depending on which way you look) all season. How many goals have we shipped due to him having absolutely no clue as a defender?

He is something like a poor man's David Luiz - rash, frequently out of position, always attracted to the ball / attacking and not even bothering to defend, no clue what he's doing...

• Like 1

We tried Richards at CB and it's been a resounding fail. If we keep persisting with it, we'll just continue to lose and get the occasional draw here and there till May.

He is one of the main reasons why we consistently don't pick up any points when he plays. Captain? Do me a f**king favour! 

this must be one of the most tiring topics ever relating to villa in a long time.

i would like to say though that i do agree with most of you

richards has said on record that he wants to play centre back because he feels he cant manage at right back anymore, this i kind of respect him for, hes not as young and energetic as he was, despite the fact that he is still only in his mid 20s, clearly his fitness level has took a knock with his season loan in italy.

so in short, he cant play right back anymore and is useless at centre back, so erm, why did we sign him?

Â