Micah Richards

Demitri_C

He has not been our player of the season, he has been the keystone in an utterly abysmal back four most of the season. 

He has been awful positionally, bombs forward leaving gaps in the centre of defence, and has absolutely no organisational skills required for a senior centreback and captain.

This hasn't been the last game either. It's been all season. All the endevor, running about, and the odd last ditch block, don't make him POTS. No matter how shit everyone else is.

• Like 4

He can **** off in the summer and take his billy big bollocks attitude with him, we won't need it in the championship . He's contributed to us getting there and I've no time for him

1 hour ago, Richard said:

He can **** off in the summer and take his billy big bollocks attitude with him, we won't need it in the championship . He's contributed to us getting there and I've no time for him

Agreed. Loathe the fact he is our captain.

On 12/29/2015 at 19:22, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Not from the camera angle i saw, but if he did look around, as you say , it makes it even worse.

Trickster is correct, he did and it was highlighted by Alan Shearer on MOTD

11 hours ago, jon_c said:

He has not been our player of the season, he has been the keystone in an utterly abysmal back four most of the season. 

He has been awful positionally, bombs forward leaving gaps in the centre of defence, and has absolutely no organisational skills required for a senior centreback and captain.

This hasn't been the last game either. It's been all season. All the endevor, running about, and the odd last ditch block, don't make him POTS. No matter how shit everyone else is.

Agreed. And the odd last ditch block is generally a result of his own failings. Poor player, and what's worse a seemingly billy bollocks attidude. 

Look at the spine of our team:

Guzan

Richards (c)

Sanchez

Gastede

They are part of the reason we are rock bottom, and can all fe*k off in the summer. 

I still can't agree that "he's a RB not a CB!!".

However... due to the quality of our defence and the chemistry of the centre partnerships I would now make him play RB to allow Okore on the pitch with Lescott.  put Cissokho in when he's available an that's at the very least a pretty tough back line. Then we can stop trying to put all our attacking play through Hutton and a left sided Bacuna/Richardson, allow them to focus on defending and give a little more freedom to the likes of Gil, Adama or Grealish.

i agree with the defensive line of richards, okore, lescott, cissokho

i also think he shouldnt be captain, but theres nobody else worthy, its a team of no leaders.

Edited by AndyBM

2 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

i agree with the defensive line of richards, okore, lescott, cossokho

i also think he shouldnt be captain, but theres nobody else worthy, its a team of no leaders.

When did we sign a player called 'Cossokho' ;)

But seriously, I think that's as good as our defence can get. If we can pick up a solid centre half this window, and replace Lescott with him, then that defence will be half way decent. 

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

I still can't agree that "he's a RB not a CB!!".

However... due to the quality of our defence and the chemistry of the centre partnerships I would now make him play RB to allow Okore on the pitch with Lescott.  put Cissokho in when he's available an that's at the very least a pretty tough back line. Then we can stop trying to put all our attacking play through Hutton and a left sided Bacuna/Richardson, allow them to focus on defending and give a little more freedom to the likes of Gil, Adama or Grealish.

He isn't that great at either. Like many players before him, he simply isn't as good as many thought he would be. He burst on the scene as a big powerful athlete, and I think many thought that his weak points would improve with age, sadly that hasn't been the case. 

It was that hype that first got him into the England squad, and for the last few years titans of the game like Glen Johnson, Phil Jones and even our very own J Lescott have kept him out of the squad. 

RB or CB? He's crap at both, the reason people are calling for him to go to RB is not because people think he will do a great job, simply that he may do less damage. 

And in Alan Hutton/Bacuna, we can't exactly get much worse in that position.

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Richards > Clark, Lescott, Okore

And I don't particularly rate him, but therein lies the problem.

I agree with that, he is probably our best defender but he is not a top class defender. He would be good with a better player beside him like he was when younger playing with Dunne

Â