Micah Richards

Demitri_C

What so every single chance we've conceded when he has played have been Richard's fault? Come on there's no point even arguing if that's the POV. Who was supposed to have been marking Pelle when he fired over from 6 yards for example?

I actually think Okore had a decent game yesterday for someone who's been out for 6 months and I've always liked him so on balance him and Richards for next week please. That certainly won't lose any physical battle but in the long run could turn out too similar and will certainly struggle against decent movement but then what defensive combo could we put out that can deal with that?

I'm not saying Richards is amazing but to me Clark has been far worse this season and well there's not even any debate about Lescott. 

• Like 1

i fear lescott would be a bit slow in the left back possition. but given that richardson is our only other option at the moment id be inclined to agree.

richards and okore as a cb pair for me aswell. clark had a couple of promising games last season but he seems like half that player now.

10 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Lescott is atrocious. If Richards has to remain at centre half then the pairing must be him and Okore. 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Has to be Richards and Okore going forward. Lescott best years at Everton he played left back covering the centre halfs, maybe we can push him that position ahead of Richardson

I agree. Looking at our available CB options, Richards and Okore looks like the best pairing to me. I just hope if we try it against Arsenal they don't get royally owned.

On 05/12/2015 at 17:18, lexicon said:

An utter shambles yet didn't concede, combined with a pretty tight second half where we looked organised and reasonably composed for a change. 

Against Southampton, we conceeded the most shots at goal in any game this season (23).  The only reason we didn't get a battering was because Southampton only found the target 5 times.

But yeah, Richards wasn't missed.  Good work!

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 2

Ooh! Let's all play the meaningless stats game!

Shots on target conceded vs. Watford. 6. Worse.

Everton? 9. Worse.

Spurs? 6. Worse. 

What have we proven?

Absolutely sod all. 

Defending is about more than stats - there's not stat for 'totally out of position' or 'not marking somebody'.

27 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Guys, Micah is never going to play RB again. He's said himself he can't physically do the role anymore , so we would just keep injuring him and he would play 5 games a season. it's like Bale playing LB again, not happening.

I bet some Real fans are demanding Bale move back to left back as that is his natural position ;)

• Like 2

Â