Micah Richards

Demitri_C

He's too hot headed to be captain. Anytime there is a bit of a fracas he's in the middle of it making it worse instead of trying to calm it down and get the ref on our side.

And as others have said he's too quick to blame others instead of taking on any criticism of his own faults.

What bugs me the most about his attitude is that most people seem to think it would be better for the team at the moment to play him at RB, yet he doesn't want to so it doesn't happen.

He doesn't say, I'm the captain, for the good of the team I'll play some games there to help stabilise the defence. 

No more British rejects from top 4 clubs please, they have appalling spoilt brat attitudes, that we could do without. 

• Like 3

He should sit down with tha " Aimighty " , who used to wear the number 4 shirt ,and study the art of anticipation , because , without that vital ingredient  your going to be found wanting playing as a centre - half . The guy has a heart the size of Aston , but that alone is sadly not enough .

Bacuna was out of position for their opener, but surely as captain and CB, he needs to take responsibility.

Either move out to where Bacuna should be, or bollock Bacuna and get him back there. He did neither.

The truth is our best defensive performances have come when he is not in the squad. I agree with doubts about him captaining the club too. A leader shouldn't be over Twitter bitching when he is criticized. I think we have a serious lack of leadership in this team. In his interviews he is quick to point fingers but correct me if I am wrong a captain should be taking the brunt of it and protecting the players as that is your job as a leader. Now more than ever we need a strong leader but I am not seeing one. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jon_c said:

What bugs me the most about his attitude is that most people seem to think it would be better for the team at the moment to play him at RB, yet he doesn't want to so it doesn't happen.

He doesn't say, I'm the captain, for the good of the team I'll play some games there to help stabilise the defence. 

No more British rejects from top 4 clubs please, they have appalling spoilt brat attitudes, that we could do without. 

Yes most people (fans) including me, think he would benefit us a lot at right back and he did sign to be a centre back back, but a bit harsh for your biggest bug to be something that he might not even have been asked to do, unless I've missed something. There's also a hell of a lot of running to do at right back so there might be medical reasons as well. If it was the case it'd certainly piss me off though.

My thoughts on his reaction to Wright has pissed me off though as it has come across he is looking after himself when he should be showing he's captain & pulling the team together, not saying it's not my fault that my team mates are crap. 

5 minutes ago, mwj said:

Signed as CB and captain. Another **** up from the reign of Sherwood.

He was made captain and played as a centre back under Sherwood. Who Garde has as captain is up to him and likewise so is where he plays him.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

He was made captain and played as a centre back under Sherwood. Who Garde has as captain is up to him and likewise so is where he plays him.

Agreed, I think the problem is that the expectation has been set for this season and RG probably thought it would be more disruption at a time where he's been trying to instill some consistency

5 hours ago, matrim said:

He's too hot headed to be captain. Anytime there is a bit of a fracas he's in the middle of it making it worse instead of trying to calm it down and get the ref on our side.

And as others have said he's too quick to blame others instead of taking on any criticism of his own faults.

I am going to stick my neck out and say we haven't had a really good captain since Mellberg. Barry made his Liverpool decision fairly soon after he got the armband, Petrov was a good pro but too quiet, Vlaar was always injured, and now Richards. No leaders.

• Like 1

Bacuna went to where Richards should have been, nothing wrong with what Bacuna did, but Richards was never aware, looked around, or anything to notice Howson was completely unmarked.That is why he shouldn't play centrally:physically he has all the attributes but he lacks the intelligence to play in the centre.

Play him RB where he can just concentrate on one player.I thought we looked fairly solid on saturday with Okores and Lescott, then yday back to normal defensive errors with Clark and Richards, and whats Richardson doing for their 2nd?

I don't think another Prem team would look at Richards as being worth £60k per week tbh, hes past potential now, hes now his finished article, and to be quite frank , it is nowhere near what it promised to be.

3 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Bacuna went to where Richards should have been, nothing wrong with what Bacuna did, but Richards was never aware, looked around, or anything to notice Howson was completely unmarked.That is why he shouldn't play centrally:physically he has all the attributes but he lacks the intelligence to play in the centre.

He did actually look round to see where Howson was, but that makes it worse as he didn't act upon it and went where the ball was and gave Howson plenty of time to score.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Nabby said:

His twitter outburst has made him look a right clearing in the woods 

Another Tom Fox fail. He was supposed to be the product pushing PR, state of the art online content media genius, but the club doesn't appear to even have a social media policy with its own players. 

liked him for the first few months, now i cant stand him, shouldnt be playing centre back and shouldnt be captain, id prefer to see hutton at CB with the captaincy than another games with richards there again...

When he signed for us I recall most Villa fans on here were pleased but had reservations about him playing centre back (due to his poor positional sense) and most wanted him playing at right back.

Half a season in he hasn't convinced at centre back and the calls are for him to be played at right back.

We never seem to learn.

2 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Not from the camera angle i saw, but if he did look around, as you say , it makes it even worse.

On MOTD they actually paused it and highlighted the fact that he did look round and still made a terrible decision to follow the initial ball.

Â