Micah Richards

Demitri_C

We actually need him at right back. Okore apparently couldn't play today as his knee had swollen up (does so after every game, but with today's game coming so soon after Saturday, it was still swollen).

Perhaps Okore wouldn't have been dropped? Guess we'll see, but if Richards continues to be picked at CB I'll be very confused. One point today he was on the left side of our defence, with Bacuna at LCB and Clark at RCB. What a shambles.

• Like 1

e69c5d6f27ebd4efbbd6062f5850ee74.jpg

Don't know if I'm more concerned that our captain takes this attitude, or that he thinks it's ok to put it on twitter?

Looking back to Boxing Day he tweeted stan collymore basically saying can we get respect for the performance today. I really don't like his attitude, just stinks of someone who thinks he is better and bigger than the team, and won't take responsibility for mistakes. How can you have someone like that as captain?

What did Ian Wright say? Micah is embarrassing himself on and off the pitch. 

From what I can remember he basically showed that Richards looked behind and saw the guy behind him before the cross came in, and then didn't bother challenging for the ball or closing the guy down. Mentioned something like you'd expect more from the captain. Didn't say anything I think anyone could disagree with.

If that's his attitude on twitter id hate to see what they react like when garde criticises them.

Thankfully I was at work for this shower and didn't get home until after MotD had finished, I caught the post game interviews on the Villa YouTube channel though:

Micah gets the last minute of the video.  He's sulking like a kid who's just been told they can't have any more sweets, reminds me a lot of the Sherwood interview after the Leicester game in fact.  If Ian Wright called Richards out for that then it's fair game in my opinion.  It looks like the players have given up.  We know they are going down, we know they are finishing bottom, we know they will probably be mathematically relegated by March but shit, the players owe it to the fans to at least pretend like they haven't given up. 

• Like 1

He doesn't appear as if he is talking about himself so much there, but he should take criticism today. He was poor.

I've called for him and Okore to have a run together, but I do worry about his ability to organise. He's often good individually, but part of a poor back 4 that concede a lot of goals.

• Like 2

He is not a CB. He is pulled out of position to easily, its painful to watch.

Its probably the only time I've wished Alan Hansen was still on MOTD, I genuinely think he'd piss himself. 

7 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

His attitude stinks, he clearly thinks that everybody else is in the wrong but not him. I'll be honest, he is pants at CB, for every lunging tackle half way up the pitch there is a moment where he is half way up the pitch and the opposition break. One point yesterday he was in the final third while Norwich had the ball, another time he was out wide on the left with Bacuna tucked in at CB for god knows what reason.

People will think he is doing well or he is a bright light in our defence but in all honesty I have to take back my criticism of Lescott - who seems to be a real leader in defence, as it seems that Richards is the weak link back there. He would be so much better played at RB.

You 100% have him down to a T. 

He is far too vocal in the press about the attitude of others whilst not realising that his own attitude is awful. 

• Like 3

I remember a recent interview complaining about players ( the new ones ) not running enough , one of his problems is he runs too much ..like a headless chicken.See the first goal yesterday he goes running after the ball and leaves the other 3 defenders all wondering WTF position they should be in.

Clearly he is a better RB and clearly he has something in contract to only play CB.

He may well want to leave with us going down but show a club a video of him at CB this season and no one will touch him.

If Micah actually played in his proper position he wouldn't be as exposed defensively as he currently is and would receive less criticism in the process

He does himself no favors

Edited by AshVilla

26 minutes ago, Nabby said:

I remember a recent interview complaining about players ( the new ones ) not running enough , one of his problems is he runs too much ..like a headless chicken.See the first goal yesterday he goes running after the ball and leaves the other 3 defenders all wondering WTF position they should be in.

Clearly he is a better RB and clearly he has something in contract to only play CB.

He may well want to leave with us going down but show a club a video of him at CB this season and no one will touch him.

It will be interesting to see whether he wants out when we go down, given he complained about some of his team mates in that interview, stating 'There's a few good players in the team and they're probably thinking, 'If Villa get relegated I'll get a move in the summer'.

I bet he will be one of the first looking to move, he appears to have the view that he is the only one pulling his weight, and its everybody else who are the problem

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

e69c5d6f27ebd4efbbd6062f5850ee74.jpg

Don't know if I'm more concerned that our captain takes this attitude, or that he thinks it's ok to put it on twitter?

Looking back to Boxing Day he tweeted stan collymore basically saying can we get respect for the performance today. I really don't like his attitude, just stinks of someone who thinks he is better and bigger than the team, and won't take responsibility for mistakes. How can you have someone like that as captain?

I'm really upset with his lack of capitalisation of Florence and Birmingham

Yes when he didn't play it was the fullbacks costing us the CB's were pretty solid.solid. Lescott's best game was against West Ham , Richards needs a stern talking to he should be shown the video of yesterday.For the good of the team he should accept playing RB now.

Â