Micah Richards

Demitri_C

23 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

this must be one of the most tiring topics ever relating to villa in a long time.

i would like to say though that i do agree with most of you

richards has said on record that he wants to play centre back because he feels he cant manage at right back anymore, this i kind of respect him for, hes not as young and energetic as he was, despite the fact that he is still only in his mid 20s, clearly his fitness level has took a knock with his season loan in italy.

so in short, he cant play right back anymore and is useless at centre back, so erm, why did we sign him?

We should play him at right back regardless, he doesn't call the shots, the manager does, then it remains to be seen how he performs, but I can tell you now, he'll do better there than at centre half. 

• Like 1

Richards has become the new vlarr, problem is the whole defence is useless they are all like for like that get sucked into chasing the ball and not defending the space. We are seeing this game after game okore against wham, Richards today same mistakes by all of the so called defenders but still fans call for one or the other. Garde got it so wrong today but the outcome would have been the same over the season, you cannot play as individuals and get away with it for to long, Norwich were dire but they were at least organised dire. Sorenson was the last defender we had.

I've been supportive all season-There is however no defending that today. The one chink of shining light in the past few games has been Lescott and Okore. This partnership can't be broken and must be allowed to develop.

For me, I'd try Richards in Sanchez's role-He will be far better at getting back and helping out defensively than Sanchez is and will be at least as good breaking up the play in front of the defence.

I'd then probably shoot Hutton and either play Bacuna there or bring somebody in, in January.

Really poor defending for their first goal. If you watch a replay you can see that the glances to the right before the cross comes in. So either he knew Howson was there but decided to move towards the ball or he looked over but didn't see Howson. Either way not good enough for this level.

If Lescott and Okore are working well together as a unit they need to be back for the next game.

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Can only think Richards has a clause in his deal saying he plays at CB when fit. He is a much better RB than Hutton.

F*ck any clause he might have. If he is the best RB we have at the club thats where he should be playing.

His best moment was when he stormed down the right in the RB role ..which is why she should play there

He simply doesn't not possess the footballing brain to play CB he just runs around all blood and guts which today leads him to be woefully out of position.

As said above he looked a coup at the time but reality is no decent club was going to take him on at CB no one except us and Tatics Tim.

• Like 1

It is very concerning that he's guaranteed a CB spot. I've stuck up for him in the past but it's becoming very clear now that he always seems to cost us goals. Makes it even more frustrating that he isn't played RB because going forward he's genuinely quite good.

Â