Micah Richards

Demitri_C

Just now, lexicon said:

Things going awfully without him I see.

I am not arguing for or against Richards, but the Villa defenders are all over the place and luck has been on Villa's side this game.

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We should have been 3/4 down after 30 minutes. 

Defence looked good from then. 

Can't see how that result is any different from the point against city. But you enjoy your moment against Richards.

Yep, after a game he didn't even play in.

15 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Okore looks a much better player, actually knows how to play the position. 

To be fair, he looks impressive if you have no idea what a centre back should do. 

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Yeh bruv der wuz no pashun.

Only organisation.

Which is what defences should look like. 

Are you joking?

Our defence was an utter shambles for almost the entire 45 minutes, they missed guilt edge chance after guilt edge chance, it also didn't look too great in the second half. How quick and desperate you seem to be to turn todays point into a stick to beat Richards with is just sad.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, penguin said:

Are you joking?

Our defence was an utter shambles for almost the entire 45 minutes, they missed guilt edge chance after guilt edge chance, it also didn't look too great in the second half. How quick and desperate you seem to be to turn todays point into a stick to beat Richards with is just sad.

An utter shambles yet didn't concede, combined with a pretty tight second half where we looked organised and reasonably composed for a change. 

I know some people hate the idea but I think moving Richards to RB could be the best possible thing we could do at the moment. Okore and Lescott looked half decent today, apart from a shaky opening 10mins or so. And Richards will surely do a better job at defending and attacking than Hutton? Imagine Richards at RB, no-one would get past him, unlike today when nearly every time Mane or Tadic attacked the full-back they just got past them with ease. 

• Like 2

The defence was no different without him in the side- That said, Lescott played his best game for us today, I thought.

If you're going to drop Richards though, I would argue that playing him at RB, Hutton LB would have made more sense today. After an hour, I would even preferred to have seen him replace Sanchez

I'd have a backline of Richards-Okore-Clark-Bacuna/Hutton and let Clark organise them. Richards would be a much bigger asset at right back and would affect the game more, he is not the guy to lead the defence and way too often ends up in stupid positions which causes panic at the back.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lexicon said:

An utter shambles yet didn't concede, combined with a pretty tight second half where we looked organised and reasonably composed for a change. 

It wasn't the great defence that stopped them missing great chances. 

2 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

Really?

Is that Richards fault as well then?

Play a CB alongside another actual CB and he doesn't seem so bad. Beggars belief really.  Or not. 

Â