Micah Richards

Demitri_C

Beaten in the air by Dyer. Just can't play CB at all. FFS.

It was Dyer vs Guzan in the air? It seems you have some sort of vendetta against him as evidenced by the fact that you seem to be outright lying or making up things to criticize him with, in multiple threads :/ .

As a part of the defence - he conceded 3. As a captain he oversaw a 2-0 lead overturned to a 3-2 loss. There's no way that he can come out of that game with any credit whatsoever. 

I hate this logic.

It seems to creep into a lot of threads on here.

It really is the worst, and shows desperation on the part of the person who posted it. Desperate for what though, to criticize one of your own players? Boggles the mind.

It was Dyer vs Guzan in the air? It seems you have some sort of vendetta against him as evidenced by the fact that you seem to be outright lying or making up things to criticize him with, in multiple threads :/ .

You're right - he wasn't beaten in the air because that would have meant that he'd actually challenged for the ball, that the man he was marking headed in.

Edited by lexicon
  • Like 1

He just doesn't want to admit he loves Richards and he was wrong about him. :)

You're right - he wasn't beaten in the air because that would have meant that he'd actually challenged for the ball, that the man he was marking headed in.

He was marking Vardy - Hutton was covering Dyer (or should've been).

To be fair to lexicon I do think it was an error by the defence for the Dyer goal.

Don't get me wrong, Guzan is totally at fault. Even with the defensive error, Guzan shouldn't have come for that and would probably have had an easy save if he hadn't.

But there's no way the defence should be getting beaten by a straight ball in that situation, especially by the smallest player on the pitch. 
Now I don't know if you can blame Richards entirely for that, and I personally don't share lexicon's clearly warped view of Richards as I've actually been quite impressed by him. But, that definitely was a defensive error leading to that goal.

One concern I do have with Richards is his tackles always seem to be very last ditch, not bad if you have one central defender like that but Lescotts the same as well, we could do with a centre half that could stay on his feet more 

Surely if his tackles are "last ditch" as you put it he is staying on his feet until the last moment before going to ground or making the challenge/block?

Generally when a defender makes a challenge it is more often than not in the final third and the last line of defence before opponents are in on goal. Most tackles are at the last moment as players are taught to stay on their feet as long as possible looking to intercept the ball before going to ground. It's what good defenders do!

Richards for all the crap from some about not being a CB, or too rash, or the general not good enough, has been absolutely solid carrying out his duties over the first 5 games at centre half. Okay he isn't McGrath, Laursen or Mellberg but he is a definite upgrade on what we have had the last few years and will get better. A massive plus for me having him and one of our stand out players so far. 

• Like 1

He just doesn't inspire me with confidence

Everything seems so desperate about his play the polar opposite of Lescott he seems calm knowledgeable but slow maybe they can work together as a pair as opposites kind of work like that but the 2nd half against Leicester they were ropey

Â