Micah Richards

Demitri_C

Another unconvincing performance from him - lost his man a bunch of times when he was supposed to be marking (watch how easily his man lost him from the corner of their first goal), and a couple of silly runs into the attack, the one on 73" meant that he wasn't even close to the 18 yard box when Sako had a relatively unchallenged shot at goal.

He's got some good qualities about him - he's incredibly athletic, strong, good at tackling, comfortable on the ball and can pass well. 

All of these things would be great for RB but he does not have the positional sense to be a CB. This is not unjustified or unfair criticism, it's the reality of the situation. 

• Like 1

Another unconvincing performance from him - lost his man a bunch of times when he was supposed to be marking (watch how easily his man lost him from the corner of their first goal), and a couple of silly runs into the attack, the one on 73" meant that he wasn't even close to the 18 yard box when Sako had a relatively unchallenged shot at goal.

He's got some good qualities about him - he's incredibly athletic, strong, good at tackling, comfortable on the ball and can pass well. 

All of these things would be great for RB but he does not have the positional sense to be a CB. This is not unjustified or unfair criticism, it's the reality of the situation.

I find this post staggering when you are defending Clark's defending on the first goal.

• Like 2

Our best defender yesterday. 

You've clearly decided you don't like him at CB and nothing will change that. 

• Like 4

I find this post staggering when you are defending Clark's defending on the first goal.

I wasn't defending him ffs. Stop making things up. 

Our best defender yesterday. 

You've clearly decided you don't like him at CB and nothing will change that. 

Good performances at CB will change that.

he has been putting in good performances at CB, hes been perfectly fine.

i didnt see him losing his man a bunch of times due to poor positioning yesterday, or see him looking completely out of place at CB.

I did see opposition attackers get to the ball first at times, i saw palace have chances. but that happens to every defender and team.

as for the corner for their first goal- both richards and the palace player realise the ball is going miles over their heads. the palace player breaks to the back post, micha spots it, and though now not touch tight, positions himself between the ball and the palace player - it would have to be some header to get over richards and down onto the palace players head. as it was clark got completely bullied and dann smashed the header into the net.

Yep. He has no real issue with Clark, who was at fault for a goal, and no real issue with amavi, who was at fault for a goal. But writes a detailed criticism of the one defender who was decent.

• Like 1

He's playing better at CB than I thought he would. He seems to read the game really well and is incredibly strong in his challenges. But he has tendencies to drive forward and hang on to the ball for too long and losing possession which means we get over run as the opposition counter attack.

Pleased with him overall but think he still has things to improve. Would like us to get some more experience next to him or Clark.

Yep. He has no real issue with Clark, who was at fault for a goal, and no real issue with amavi, who was at fault for a goal. But writes a detailed criticism of the one defender who was decent.

In his defence: What is there to write about amavi? Just because somebody did one mistake which led to a goal doesnt mean it needs to be mentioned in detail. Amavi knows he **** up, we know he **** up, but it seemed to be only one mistake in a very good start to the league. If lexicon think richards is making mistake over mistake but it just hasnt led to a goal yet, i think thats more of a reason to write a detailed write up than one or two players making one mistake. (thats just a bad way to look at things iyam)

I thought he was out of position a lot but it was my turn on challenge pool table so had to keep flicking my head back and fourth to the game. So my opinion on this game wont be great

Edited by gharperr

And that is what is known simply as an agenda

Â