Micah Richards

Demitri_C

Hoping to see more composure from him tonight, the ball was like a bomb at his feet at times last week. If he can hold his position better rather than charging off, he'll improve.

Centre half the only position I feel a bit uneasy about now, but I do want Micah to step up as captain and make himself undroppable.

You watched last week and still think that? I'm not sure he's going to be the player you want him to be in that case. That's not a dig, just an observation.

Hoping to see more composure from him tonight, the ball was like a bomb at his feet at times last week. If he can hold his position better rather than charging off, he'll improve.

Centre half the only position I feel a bit uneasy about now, but I do want Micah to step up as captain and make himself undroppable.

You watched last week and still think that? I'm not sure he's going to be the player you want him to be in that case. That's not a dig, just an observation.
Fair enough, but I think he could be great for us.

By composure, I don't mean carrying the ball out or anything dramatic. Just not panicking when the ball is at his feet, or making its way around our half. Nervy play will lead to silly decisions elsewhere in his game, which he also had a few of last week. Positionally, I think he'd he mucb better if he calmed down at bit. You don't have to James Collins everything and win it 20 yards into their half, you can sometimes, but it's a judgement call.

Full backs will be vital tonight defensively with Ronney dropping deeper and Depay and probably Young angling in on goal. Richards, Clark and Westwood need to organise a plan for when Rooney drops away from his lone forward position.

• Like 1

Good post Tomas even though I largely disagree, I thought he looked reasonably composed. He is very blood and thunder I admit, but then so was one of virtually everybody's favourite players of the last 10 years, Laursen.

That's not a direct comparison, not overall and certainly not in terms of quality, just another observation. I appreciate that Richards won't be everyone's cup of tea.

Expecting the Citeh to come out in him tonight and see him absolutely clatter Rooney. And I will like it!

I have visions of Richards as Daniel Plainview standing over Rooney as a beaten Eli screaming maniacally "I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE".

• Like 1

I know it isn't what we want him doing, ecspecially against United..but he did relieve pressure bombing out against Bournemoutg once or twice... :)

You're right there Ted :)

Don't like this I told you so business but what kind of defending was that?

Careful Noel, he looked good on Match of the Day against Bournemouth. 

Yeah I actually thought that Man Utd would be something else for him when I read that and it has been so far.

Don't like this I told you so business but what kind of defending was that?

It's the sort of defending the more astute on here expect from him. He's going to cost us with his rashness, naivety and inability to read the game. Those three 'attributes' combined perfectly for United's first goal. 

He's a great athlete but not a good centre half at all. His athleticism helps him recover from some his mistakes and offsets some of his poor positioning at times, but it doesn't always help!

We need a leader at the back and defenders who can read the game. Richards doesn't govern the back line well at all. Neville pointed it out perfectly from an early free kick they had out wide. He just doesn't organise the defence and doesn't take ownership of the backline. Clueless.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

To be fair if gueye tracks his man then richards doesnt have to attempt the block (polite way of saying getting done)

Absolutely, Gueye makes a mistake but Richards do one to. He should stay on his feet.

To be fair if gueye tracks his man then richards doesnt have to attempt the block (polite way of saying getting done)

Absolutely, Gueye makes a mistake but Richards do one to. He should stay on his feet.
Agreed he should definitely stay on his feet. Just seen the replay and the deflection off clark takes it away from guzan too. Sloppy goal to concede but cant put all the blame on richards

Agreed he should definitely stay on his feet. Just seen the replay and the deflection off clark takes it away from guzan too. Sloppy goal to concede but cant put all the blame on richards

Tbh you can put most of it on him though. Yes Gueye lost his man there but it will happen at times, he was excellent otherwise, Richards going to ground that easily was school boy stuff IMO.

Â