Micah Richards

Demitri_C

Very good today, unlucky not to score, but I think we were unlucky on the whole today.

Doing better t CB than I thought we would. Total bargain on a free and looks to be a fantastic signing - well done all involved who managed to get him here. 

Hopefully will get even better alongside Lescott.

• Like 2

Can't wait to see him with a CB alongside him of the same calibre, hopefully not long to wait.

I think Lescott and Richards will be a great combination for us, not bad for a combined cost of £2m.

I'm actually very excited about how many goals those two can get.

Hopefully W no longer DFAFC's.

• Like 1

I think he has been good so far but it looked easier to score from that header

I always think any goal from a defender is a bonus. They aren't on the pitch to score goals. It also makes me miss Laursen when I a see a CB scoring. Laursen was brilliant at everything.

Edited by villa89

Absolute beast. When he clattered himself against the post he was strong enough and intelligent enough to haul himself back up so he wasn't receiving treatment instead of defending the imminent corner. Really impressed with him yesterday and on the showings so far the correct choice for captain too.

• Like 3

Am I really the only one who doesn't want a CB that makes runs into attacking midfield/up front? 

IMO CBs should not be highlights reel players and they shouldn't need to be last ditch -  they should be dependable, consistent and calm. 

Am I really the only one who doesn't want a CB that makes runs into attacking midfield/up front? 

IMO CBs should not be highlights reel players and they shouldn't need to be last ditch -  they should be dependable, consistent and calm.

I doubt you are the only one, but you are the only one I know.

The view I share with others is that he gives us a terrific extra dimension. Especially in these days of every player having their places and roles, he upsets the applecart. It could cost a goal or two but could easily create more than that. And its fun !

If it wasn't Richards you wouldn't mind. Shame, he's been top draw.

I don't care who he is - I have nothing personally against the guy.

Now that we've cleared that up, can your next post not be so childish and actually get to the point at hand. 'He's been top draw (sic)' doesn't exactly offer much to the debate.

Edited by lexicon

I don't care who he is - I have nothing personally against the guy.

Now that we've cleared that up, can your next post not be so childish and actually get to the point at hand. 'He's been top draw (sic)' doesn't exactly offer much to the debate.

I don't really see where I'm being childish.

I'm just saying, I think your point about a CB bombing forward is really another way of trying to have a dig at Richards. Which is a shame as he has been top draw.

Let's be honest, from day one you've made it quite clear that he'd be a rubbish CB, should never play at CB and you don't rate him at CB.

He has been solid since the start, and to add to the debate I like how he charges forward. He only does it on occasion and seems to grab the game by the scruff on the neck when we need to charge forward.

Keep everything up for me because I think he's been brilliant.

Â