Micah Richards

Demitri_C

Excellent signing. Well done Tim. More of the same please.

Yes, great start indeed.

Not bad for someone judged by some of our "wisest" posters to be only a little more shrewd - or no more shrewd - than Paolo di Canio.

Lambert bought Benteke.

• Like 1

I'm still surprised he chose us! Am I missing something?

We are told that Sherwood managed to convince him to sign for us by telling him he'll have a key role to play.  That's probably music to the ears of a player who has sat on the sidelines more often than not since falling out of favour with England.  It's a mature decision for the player to make at this stage of his career in order to try and get things back on track.  If you were being cynical you could say he's using us to get himself into the shop window again, but isn't that what most of them are at to one degree or another.  I tend to think he's at the stage now where he knows that a settled and regular appearance for a side like us is actually better for him than some sporadic appearances higher up, or freezing his horlicks off in miserable Blunderland :)

• Like 2

Yes one thing about Sherwood I think is that he will be able to persuade these type of players to join us much more than Lambert could 

You might be right, but I believe Lambert was much more personable and communicative off-camera than the person we got to know on camera.  He has never liked; or been good at; that aspect of management.

I'm more excited that he chose to sign for us than us actually signing him. (albeit I think he is a good player).

This is a great coup for us, there must have been plenty of other sides both in England and Italy chasing his signature. This tell's me we are either in the midst of a takeover from backers who want us to compete or that Randy can still throw a bit of cash around.

Positive signs.

When people say things like technically lacking and positionally poor, they are still talking about a player who was a regular in a championship winning side. Can be said for many distinctly average players I guess, but not many who were as hyped as he was.

He's an astonishing athlete. He will fit in well with The Villa under Sherwood so far.

Maybe he came here because he really likes to defend knows he'll have lots to do trying to keep the ball away from our net and wanted a challenge?

187 conceded in the last 3 seasons speaks volumes...

• Like 2

When people say things like technically lacking and positionally poor, they are still talking about a player who was a regular in a championship winning side. Can be said for many distinctly average players I guess, but not many who were as hyped as he was.

He's an astonishing athlete. He will fit in well with The Villa under Sherwood so far.

If he is tactically lacking and positionally poor he should fit right in [emoji23]

Yes one thing about Sherwood I think is that he will be able to persuade these type of players to join us much more than Lambert could

You might be right, but I believe Lambert was much more personable and communicative off-camera than the person we got to know on camera.  He has never liked; or been good at; that aspect of management.
well liked behind the scenes

well liked behind the scenes

Yep I believe so.

It was probably a mix between contract, location, options (or lack thereof) role in the team, friends in the squad? recommendations from friends, family, agent, advisers...

...Or a personal call from our soon to be new super, mega ultra gazillionaire owner who promised him Messi is signing in January.

It was probably a mix between contract, location, options (or lack thereof) role in the team, friends in the squad? recommendations from friends, family, agent, advisers...

...Or a personal call from our soon to be new super, mega ultra gazillionaire owner who promised him Messi is signing in January.

Out of the supposed better teams interested in him, I'm not sure he was guaranteed to be a regular with them. Treating it as a coup is overdoing it in my opinion. Given the non-existance of his career these past few seasons, a club like us is about right for him to look to rebuild his career.

• Like 2

If I was a lightweight spanish flair attacking midfielder, I would call in sick on the day that I had to face a trio of Clark,Okore & Richards at CB

so maybe that would explain Tim plan to stop people asking about Gil all next season

He was very good at putting his arm around players and telling them that losing was quite acceptable.....they loved him.lol

Â