Micah Richards

Demitri_C

Richards talks to the media more than Sherwood does apparently we should go for Austin if Benteke goes

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/452666/Charlie-Austin-Aston-Villa-Micah-Richards

Maybe he's employed as the new media spin man, lol.

Looking at the quotes, the only quote on Austin is "Charlie Austin has scored a lot of goals hasn't he?" which to me sounds like an answer in the form of a question to another question.  The problem with these interviews, they don't show you the questions so you don't get to see the posturing by the media.

Richards talks to the media more than Sherwood does apparently we should go for Austin if Benteke goes

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/452666/Charlie-Austin-Aston-Villa-Micah-Richards

Maybe he's employed as the new media spin man, lol.

Looking at the quotes, the only quote on Austin is "Charlie Austin has scored a lot of goals hasn't he?" which to me sounds like an answer in the form of a question to another question.  The problem with these interviews, they don't show you the questions so you don't get to see the posturing by the media.

let's hope we don't listen to players (Richards) /ex players i mean look a Tonev he was labelled by the man who recommended him to Villa Petrov as the new Hristo Stoichkov

It's not like he's calling journalists up and saying Charlie Austin is a good player isn't he. He's a new player at the club and will be doing lots of interviews. He's going to get asked lots of questions and sounds like he will give a straight answer.

Haven't been on here in ages and just saw we signed Richards when scouting for new fantasy season. Slightly shocked by this signing and more so by some of the comments on this thread. Not wanting to be negative but for me he's always been long ago over-hyped and decidedly average whenever I've seen him play.   

• Like 1

Haven't been on here in ages and just saw we signed Richards when scouting for new fantasy season. Slightly shocked by this signing and more so by some of the comments on this thread. Not wanting to be negative but for me he's always been long ago over-hyped and decidedly average whenever I've seen him play.

Just opinions. I've seen him play well and I've seen him play poorly, but that was in the past. Presently, I'm looking forward to seeing how he plays for us.

Tbh he probably hasn't played as CB for a good while. Not sure what he was playing at city but in Italy he was strictly a full back. I'd say he wouldn't even have been training as a CB that often.

He's prob just out of practice and needs to get back into the swing of it. It'll be more apparent where his natural position is once he's had a few games under his belt

Problem is though Richards has barely played CB throughout his career and yet he waltzes into Villa and has an understanding that's where he's going to play. Is this accurate because if so it seems very naive?

Richards, despite his age, is our least experienced centre back. Clark, Okore, Baker and Senderos all have more experience playing centre back in the PL. I expect to see him using his power and pace to get himself out of trouble, but he will probably look way out of his depth against any forward with a bit of intelligence. 

Well, a lightweight.....definitely not.

Don't see him as centre half though........but hey what do I know.

It's what his manager see's him as that counts.

Â