Micah Richards

Demitri_C

Not by the players and they showed it against hull.

Does that mean the players don't like Sherwood after their performance against Southampton?

Had they been playing shocking football and getting awful results for 2 and a half years under Sherwood?

The hull game was the end of a very long road of being awful where I'm sure the players were aware of the increasing pressure on the manager. They didn't play like they liked him one bit.

Not by the players and they showed it against hull.

Does that mean the players don't like Sherwood after their performance against Southampton?

Had they been playing shocking football and getting awful results for 2 and a half years under Sherwood?

The hull game was the end of a very long road of being awful where I'm sure the players were aware of the increasing pressure on the manager. They didn't play like they liked him one bit.

Yeah, so its just conjecture, just like it is to say what I said which was my point. It was a question, not the start of an argument.

Lambert's gone. We have a better manager in charge now so IMO we don't need to keep trying to eradicate the few small things he did well during his time through conjecture, his legacy is bad enough. Just let it be and lets enjoy the new era.

I think Jonah's point, which is valid, is that the two events are not comparable. I think come the Southampton game the players had quite literally ran out of steam. They fell apart not necessarily through a lack of leadership, but through physical and mental exhaustion.

Hull was something else. The belief had gone, they were rudderless and the performance epitomised the phrase "lost the dressing room". I think it points to the manager no longer being well liked, but more likely at best an irrelevant and at worst a potentially devisive figure.

So it's not really conjecture at all, maybe in the broad sense but it's a valid point to the discussion at hand. A discussion Jonah didn't start.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

I think Jonah's point, which is valid, is that the two events are not comparable. I think come the Southampton game the players had quite literally ran out of steam. They fell apart not necessarily through a lack of leadership, but through physical and mental exhaustion.

Hull was something else. The belief had gone, they were rudderless and the performance epitomised the phrase "lost the dressing room". I think it points to the manager no longer being well liked, but more likely at best an irrelevant and at worst a potentially devisive figure.

So it's not really conjecture at all, maybe in the broad sense but it's a valid point to the discussion at hand. A discussion Jonah didn't start.

I've said your first point many times myself and its something I agree with. My point however is that a bad performance or a string of them doesn't mean a manager is not liked on a personal level. My initial question about whether or not the Southampton performance was an indication of Sherwood no longer being liked personally was an opening to a discussion about the idea that a negative performance can be evidence of this with my stance being that it isn't. 

I agree that one game doesn't equal a string of them but Jonah's initial post didn't mention a string of them, it mentioned one, but I do think that I could have worded the initial response better.

I agree with the second part, he definitely became those things and that's why he had to go but to say a result or even a string of them means the players didn't like him on a personal level is conjecture IMO. I believe its possible to like someone personally but no longer believe in their managerial skills and I think the latter is what happened, not the former.

This has gone wildy off topic however, mostly caused by me, so we should probably either agree to disagree or take it the Lambert or Sherwood thread?

Edited by sexbelowsound

Hope the club got him a cake, otherwise his old pals at City will have him jumping ship before he makes his debut.

There's a massive difference between belief having gone and people "disliking the manager".

It's a crap point by Jonah, to be honest, and another tiresome dig at a manager who we replaced over 4 months ago.

Can we please get over it?

Edited by bobzy

There's a massive difference between belief having gone and people "disliking the manager".

It's a crap point by Jonah, to be honest, and another tiresome dig at a manager who we replaced over 4 months ago.

Can we please get over it?

He didn't start the discussion.

Â