Micah Richards

Demitri_C

That's what he said on his AVTV interview. I watched it earlier today. He comes across really well, seems like a really happy chap and said how he sees himself as a senior head in the team, and one of the 'winners' that Sherwood wanted in the squad.

Micah Richards has told Sky Sports News HQ he wants to establish himself as a centre-half at Aston Villa.

"I did have other options," he said. "But I spoke to the manager, and he knew what I needed as a player to get back playing regularly. He just understood my situation more than anyone. He told me what I wanted to hear.

"I always said when I got older I wanted to play centre-half, and I think that time has come now. I'm getting old now, aren't I!? No, I feel in good shape and hopefully I can have a good pre-season. I feel as though my good years can still be ahead of me.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/9906285/micah-richards-wants-central-role-at-aston-villa?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=Twitter

That officially closes the book on this particular discussion.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

Interesting.

Pleased by his apparent self motivation too. Think he's going to be a good player, and I doubt very much whether Villa Talk have seen enough of him at centre half to judge.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

Interesting.

Pleased by his apparent self motivation too. Think he's going to be a good player, and I doubt very much whether Villa Talk have seen enough of him at centre half to judge.

Exactly what I thought. He's far more developed/mature now too. 

He can wish to play where ever he wants, but if Sherwood prefers him at right back, that's where he'll play.

Except that Sherwood swayed him with the promise of playing at centre-back.

But Sherwood's still in charge, I don't think he'd lose sleep over asking Richards to play at right back. I don't think Richards himself would be bothered about playing there either.

I think he might take issue with it if it was a big factor in his coming here over other offers, which it sounds like it was. I don't think he'd necessarily kick up much of a fuss, but I doubt he'd be happy about it.

But Sherwood's still in charge, I don't think he'd lose sleep over asking Richards to play at right back. I don't think Richards himself would be bothered about playing there either.

Well you could be right or Sherwood and Richards' quotes could be right. It's 50/50.

• Like 1

Personally never been a fan of of 3-5-2, always turns into 5-3-2 and gives you bugger all going forward.

I predict he will try it and when it doesnt work Richards will play RB in a back 4 depending on the form of Okore.

I'm really pleased with the signing of Richards. He seems to be the type of player want, he seems bright and happy. We need more of this sort of thing, get everyone enjoying playing again and enjoying coming into training etc. He also seems like he could be a good leader and that's the sort of opportunity he was looking for which I think was a key reason he came to us. For me we don't have enough leaders, even some of our more experienced players seem very quiet, take Vlaar and Delph. 

Â