Watford

VillaChris

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

If they had stuck with Pearson/Shakespeare they would probably be around Leeds/Everton current league position 

Would they? They still had City and Arsenal last 2 games that season. Was no guarantee would have stayed up

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd like to say I called it, but this is like predicting the sun will rise tomorrow.

Joking aside the lines between success and failure at Watford seemed blurred, what do the owners expect? 

Good manager for the future Roy.

Really building the foundations for stability.

Let's be honest. They're not successful because they sack managers constantly and it's a model that works for them. They're successful because they are trapped in the PL parachute payment bubble now and can afford to be run like a joke show.

• Like 2

Roy will get them organised and they have a decent attack.  I would say good appointment for the short term and if I was a Newcastle or Everton fan I would be concerned!

Should be a good watch the relegation battle.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd like to say I called it, but this is like predicting the sun will rise tomorrow.

I agree, but then I remember how confidently I made that very same prediction when he took the Leicester gig and look how that turned out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I still thank their board for sacking Pearson.  Played a massive role in keeping us up that season.

Absolutely pivotal. We looked dead and buried. The moment they sacked him was the moment I started to really believe we had a chance.

Â