Watford

VillaChris

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

The sacking is bizarre. I'm not sure the appointment is. He's a better manager than Watford have a right to expect, IMO

Other than pierson who they took on and sacked before they got relegated, I'd guess ranieri is one of a few managers with experience of Premier league football they have ever hired, they seem to employ people who have enjoyed a decent spell at some Italian or Spanish lower sides or go further afield and employ someone who did well in some obscure Eastern European league

From the outside it's insane to run a football club that way, I guess ranieri knows if he isn't up to scratch he gets the boot with a pay off

36 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

From the outside it's insane to run a football club that way, I guess ranieri knows if he isn't up to scratch he gets the boot with a pay off

The club is a joke.

Ranieri will be lucky to still be their manager come Easter with those morons that run the club.

As I said the other day, I think if you actually look at their performances this season, it really becomes a lot less surprising. They were good against a shit Norwich, good for a bit more than a half against us when we hadn't got off our deckchairs, and that's literally it. They've been shit in every other game.

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

As I said the other day, I think if you actually look at their performances this season, it really becomes a lot less surprising. They were good against a shit Norwich, good for a bit more than a half against us when we hadn't got off our deckchairs, and that's literally it. They've been shit in every other game.

They're a newly promoted team, they're expected to look shit in most games. Having 2 good performances in 7 games isn't a bad thing for them. Hell, it was good enough to get them to 14th.

I don't really care if watford's managerial strategy is good or not, or whether Ranieri is a better option. But I refuse to believe Watford fans assertions that they were sure they were gonna get relegated under Munoz after a measely 7 games where they actually ended up at 14th for Christ's sake. You'd think they were rock bottom with 7 straight losses with how they described it. I could probably find a stretch of 7 games back in our pl return season under Smith where we looked even worse than Watford did in these 7 games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

They're a newly promoted team, they're expected to look shit in most games. Having 2 good performances in 7 games isn't a bad thing for them. Hell, it was good enough to get them to 14th.

I don't really care if watford's managerial strategy is good or not, or whether Ranieri is a better option. But I refuse to believe Watford fans assertions that they were sure they were gonna get relegated under Munoz after a measely 7 games where they actually ended up at 14th for Christ's sake. You'd think they were rock bottom with 7 straight losses with how they described it. I could probably find a stretch of 7 games back in our pl return season under Smith where we looked even worse than Watford did in these 7 games.

Do Watford fans support the decision?

33 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

They had pretty easy fixtures. Spurs the only sky 6 team. 

• 2 weeks later...
Â