Watford

VillaChris

16 managers in 10 years, 17 managers in 10 years when you factor in the replacement (granted 2 of those are caretaker managers, but still.....they were manager there for a short time all the same).

Joke of a club, who on earth would want to manage there...my lord.

I thought we were bad over the last decade, but even we have only had 7 managers in 10 years, we are amateurs compared to this lot.

38 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Hodgson is still alive, apparently. Good odds on him being sacked by Easter, I imagine.

He worked with the owners before at Udinese, his Wikipedia has an apparent quote that he denied saying

In 2001, he left Copenhagen to move to Serie A side Udinese. With the club in ninth place and in the quarter finals of the 2001–02 Coppa Italia, Hodgson was fired in December 2001 after less than six months in charge after allegedly stating that he regretted taking up the post.[37] Newspapers quoted him saying: "Obviously I'm very happy to be back at this level of football, but I could have chosen a better club to come back to. It's an extremely strange club." Hodgson denied making the comments[38][39] but later claimed that he wanted to leave so was happy to be dismissed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Hodgson#Copenhagen,_Udinese

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's a strange way to do a thing. Each to their own I guess.

I can see Frank Lampard next in.

I've pencilled in three weeks in 2024, if I can get the time off work.

Its a terrible career move for a young manager like Lampard. No chance he gets another Premier League job if Watford sack him in April and they are facing the drop

26 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Joke of a club, who on earth would want to manage there...my lord.

Who wouldn’t want to manage there more like.  You get 2 to 3 years pay for a couple of months work.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Who wouldn’t want to manage there more like.  You get 2 to 3 years pay for a couple of months work.

No, I don't think so. They give short contracts and probably have clauses in them, i.e. Receive £x if contract is terminated.

Has Roy fallen out with his wife or something? He's really pretty old, and it frankly made sense for him to retire on an emotional high last summer. I get that he's likely to get two or three years' pay for six months' work (if that) in this job, but this has the feeling of a really unsatisfying post-credits scene that undermines the rest of the movie IMO.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Has Roy fallen out with his wife or something? He's really pretty old, and it frankly made sense for him to retire on an emotional high last summer. I get that he's likely to get two or three years' pay for six months' work (if that) in this job, but this has the feeling of a really unsatisfying post-credits scene that undermines the rest of the movie IMO.

I think Palace tried to push him into retirement, he was looking for a new contract for most of the season 

I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps them up, I feel as though their points total and current form doesn't tell the whole story, they've had an incredibly difficult run of fixtures that would have seen better teams than them also struggle. He did well to keep the Palace team he had finishing comfortably in midtable without any danger of relegation.

Edited by useless

Â