PauloBarnesi

We should remember who runs this grubby club. They have no morals so no big surprise they have put greed above everything else 🤬

Edited by Strog
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, picicata said:

Zouma is obviously an unpleasant person but I wonder how many of those people booing at the match last night happily went and had a shitty burger/ pie at half time? They can't truly believe that the animals that went into their food was treated any better than Zouma's cat

People who eat shitty burgers are obviously unpleasant, but I wonder how many of those people tweeting to get Zouma sacked happily used their phone which was built by low pay workers in 3rd world countries, often with use of child labour? They can't possibly believe those workers were treated any better than Zouma's cat?

Obviously I'm being sarcastic here, but the point is let's not engage in a competition of 'who is a bigger scum bag and why'. Zouma should have been benched, offer a large contribution to animal welfare and probably give his cat away to someone. 

He did wrong, and there is nothing wrong with concentrating on that issue alone, there was a crime and there needs to be a fitting punishment. It's as simple as that. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, picicata said:

Zouma is obviously an unpleasant person but I wonder how many of those people booing at the match last night happily went and had a shitty burger/ pie at half time? They can't truly believe that the animals that went into their food was treated any better than Zouma's cat

Image result for funny shake head gif

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, picicata said:

i know this is the standard vegan argument but when we eat said burger, we do so assuming that the laws against the treatment of animals in the slaughterhouse that the burger game from are being upheld. i.e. feel no pain etc etc

zouma broke the law...so the two are entirely different

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, tomav84 said:

when we eat said burger, we do so assuming that the laws against the treatment of animals in the slaughterhouse that the burger game from are being upheld. i.e. feel no pain etc etc

Ah the naivety of the meat eater :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

i'm not naive to it...i've no doubt that some slaughterhouses mistreat animals

find out which ones they are, and i'll sign the petition to have it shut down and the individuals prosecuted

find out which supermarkets they supply, and i'll happily boycot

but the same way that you trust that correct standards and practices have been upheld in any food production, you trust the same with the meat you buy should you choose to eat it

but i just dislike the argument of "well slaughterhouses 'probably' mistreat the animals that you eat so you're no better than someone who kicks a cat for their own amusement"

• Like 1

Anyway, I watched the start of the game last night and Zouma got roundly booed when he got the ball. It sounded too loud to just be the Watford fans so I think a fair few of the West Ham fans piled in too

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm sure the salad that you ate grew in a field not covered by toxic pesticides, nor did the ploughing/harvesting of such field kill a wide variety of animals and destroyed their homes :) 

Of course I'm messing with you, it's a complex issue, I just dislike the dietary morality being tossed around. 

Back on topic, let's not kick cats. 

• Like 2

Just now, tomav84 said:

i'm not naive to it...i've no doubt that some slaughterhouses mistreat animals

find out which ones they are, and i'll sign the petition to have it shut down and the individuals prosecuted

find out which supermarkets they supply, and i'll happily boycot

but the same way that you trust that correct standards and practices have been upheld in any food production, you trust the same with the meat you buy should you choose to eat it

but i just dislike the argument of "well slaughterhouses 'probably' mistreat the animals that you eat so you're no better than someone who kicks a cat for their own amusement"

It's not a discussion for this thread, but uphold all the standards you want. Slaughtering animals is still a horrible, inhumane, terrifying ordeal. It doesn't matter if some people kill them a bit better than other people.

If slaughterhouses had glass walls we'd all be vegetarian

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I'm sure the salad that you ate grew in a field not covered by toxic pesticides, nor did the ploughing/harvesting of such field kill a wide variety of animals and destroyed their homes :) 

We've done this already. That argument doesn't hold up

On 08/02/2022 at 09:18, Stevo985 said:

It's certainly damaging to animals and the environment. But it's far far less damaging than eating animals. It's about necessity. We have to eat something, and there's no way we can practically do that without causing some environmental harm. But that's not an excuse to allow all harm.

But as @Davkaus says, there's a thread in off topic for this :) 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

We've done this already. That argument doesn't hold up

We have, I disagree to an extent. 

There is no necessity in having an avocado or in having bananas or pineapples or peppers. You could just eat potatoes and apples. It would be far less damaging to environment, they are a local product, and don't need to be transited thought the entire world to arrive in the UK. In fact, you could sell your car and your phone, and rent an allotment or use your garden to grow them. 

So it's a question of how far you push this. 

I eat meat, and I prefer to buy meat from a local source where I know that animal led a good life. Game meat such as venison is my favourite. Yeah I pay a bit more for it, but it tastes better and I have a clear(er) conscience.

Do I think a pig that comes in pork chops had a bad death? Sure. Do I think it would have been ripped by wolves if it lived in the wild? It probably would, no animal dies of old age - it usually gets eaten. It's a much more brutal way to die than being killed by a butcher. So maybe that pig shouldn't have lived at all? Maybe so, I don't know. If it's looked after properly, it certainly can enjoy a good life. 

Does my diet require a good source of protein? Yeah it does.

But I think it's a flawed outlook to reduce life to a minimum necessity. And I am sure (I'm guessing) you do not live your life that way and enjoy many 'evil' things. We all do.

But yeah, it's off topic, worth taking to the other thread. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

We have, I disagree to an extent. 

There is no necessity in having an avocado or in having bananas or pineapples or peppers. You could just eat potatoes and apples. It would be far less damaging to environment, they are a local product, and don't need to be transited thought the entire world to arrive in the UK. In fact, you could sell your car and your phone, and rent an allotment or use your garden to grow them. 

So it's a question of how far you push this. 

I eat meat, and I prefer to buy meat from a local source where I know that animal led a good life. Game meat such as venison is my favourite. Yeah I pay a bit more for it, but it tastes better and I have a clear(er) conscience.

Do I think a pig that comes in pork chops had a bad death? Sure. Do I think it would have been ripped by wolves if it lived in the wild? It probably would, no animal dies of old age - it usually gets eaten. It's a much more brutal way to die than being killed by a butcher. So maybe that pig shouldn't have lived at all? Maybe so, I don't know. If it's looked after properly, it certainly can enjoy a good life. 

Does my diet require a good source of protein? Yeah it does.

But I think it's a flawed outlook to reduce life to a minimum necessity. And I am sure (I'm guessing) you do not live your life that way and enjoy many 'evil' things. We all do.

But yeah, it's off topic, worth taking to the other thread. 

This is so misinformed, but I'm not going to pick it apart in this thread. Ask me in the Vegan/veggie thread if you want an answer

9 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

Football is corrupt. Most teams will do anything and I mean anything for the top 4. Virtually anything will be forgiven for it.

Indeed.  Jack Grealish goes around drink driving?  We still pick him because he's vital to the cause.

This is the football world.

Â