Ratings and Reactions: Villa - Liverpool

limpid

What a result and what a day!

10/10 for all the team and the fans - proud day!

I love the way Bacuna gives CNZ a hand up but it takes both of them to pull Benteke up!

What a fantastic game, a team full of injuries and a suspension were still not only able to compete but were able to out play Liverpool.

Proud day to be a Villan.

6 weeks to get players fit, pull away from relegation and win the FAC!

Our names on the FAC this season :)

its 14 thousand K's away ... but shit I just might do it, you could probably hear the screams form there last night (night for me)

Was screaming for Richardsons head since he was the only one fluffing his lines but will happily have his babies for that clearance, 10/10 for everyone apart from Delph/Grealish/Cleverly who were off the scale.

Still don’t get some of Sherwoods Lamberesque subs but actually don't care either since whatever he is doing is working~

So... 28K (probs $4K) round trip for perhaps the bestest day ever... think I am going gaga in my old age.

my 1st Villa ever match ever was L'arse at home in ... must have been the late seventies ? 1-0 , so I got history :) , have I got the $$$? checking the piggy banks now :)

checked the other forums and to be fair the scousbags are being good loosers for a change, fair play.

UTV

• Like 2

great day,great game,..slow journey from digbeth coach,pubs full at 12,drank on a grass area,cold but warm heart, my heart sank when they scored,but it was healed soon after,we out sang them,out played them,out fought them

i stood in tears at FT,im 44 now & dont think i would see villa in the FA CUP final in my life,looking forward to hear abide with me on 30th may ..UTV

I still can't get my head around it, we were amazing. I haven't seen us play like that in years, keep this up and we'll be safe in the league with games to play. Benteke was at his absolute best, Delph and cleverly we're great together and jack, well I've been singing his praises since the first time I saw him, but that was pretty special from a 19 year old, couldn't be more chuffed for him. The fans and the players were amazing today and did us proud. UTV and bring on Arsenal

Despite the winner being the more important goal, I think the first goal will stay with me forever.

I said before the game that the worst scenario for me would be Liverpool scoring early and then shutting out the game and us just being comfortably beaten. When they scored first I had this fear that that would be exactly what happened.

Surrounded by liverpool fans going mental (including one of the guys I'd gone to the game with), and given the nature of the goal, I felt low. Plus given where we were located my mates and I weren't even sure if we could really celebrate if we did score.

Then it happened and we just went absolutely mental. Club Wembley, Liverpool end, **** it. Any etiquette went out the window. The goal happened just below us and I don't think I'll ever forget my 2 mates and I jumping around and hugging like lunatics, surrounded by a mixture of happy villa fans and miserable Liverpool fans in between two silent tiers of shell shocked scousers.

It was ecstasy.

• Like 1

I'll never forget the face of the bloke sat next to me and my sister not long after the final whistle. Must have been in his late 40's or early 50's perhaps, though through my teary eyes he suddenly had the face of a 6 year old. Full of unabated wonder. That is an image that will stick with me forever.

Block 128, row 20, seat 149 - I hope you enjoyed that drink buddy!

• Like 4

Â