Ratings and Reactions: Villa - Liverpool

limpid

Some things I've noticed (after coming down from the high of us winning) :

- We weren't as threatening when N'Zogbia and Grealish were replaced for Cole and Sinclair

- We didn't miss Gabby

- Westwood underpinned the midfield very well. Kept them quiet and allowed Cleverly and Delph to play with freedom

- Vlaar is bloody fast over 20 metres

- Richardson and Bacuna are not really fullbacks, but both are improving in those positions.

• Like 2

I'll never forget the face of the bloke sat next to me and my sister not long after the final whistle. Must have been in his late 40's or early 50's perhaps, though through my teary eyes he suddenly had the face of a 6 year old. Full of unabated wonder. That is an image that will stick with me forever.

Block 128, row 20, seat 149 - I hope you enjoyed that drink buddy!

Did you happen to see a guy walking around with "C.Sanchez 24" on the back of his shirt? That was me. :D

• Like 1

Did anyone read the match programme? There were three seperate articles about villa fans invading the pitch 'three times', a slight mention of 'a few chair thrown by baggies fans', a fan 'hitting a baggies player' and the ref being so scared 'he waited till he was by the tunnel till he blew the final whistle'.

Unbelievable!

Some things I've noticed (after coming down from the high of us winning) :

- We weren't as threatening when N'Zogbia and Grealish were replaced for Cole and Sinclair

- We didn't miss Gabby

- Westwood underpinned the midfield very well. Kept them quiet and allowed Cleverly and Delph to play with freedom

- Vlaar is bloody fast over 20 metres

- Richardson and Bacuna are not really fullbacks, but both are improving in those positions.

In fairness to Sincair and Cole i don't we were ever going to be as threatening late in the game, Liverpool were bound to come at us at some stage and it was inevitable we'd sit bit deeper.
  • Like 1

I'll never forget the face of the bloke sat next to me and my sister not long after the final whistle. Must have been in his late 40's or early 50's perhaps, though through my teary eyes he suddenly had the face of a 6 year old. Full of unabated wonder. That is an image that will stick with me forever.

Must have been close to me, We were in same block and row. Cant remember seat numbers tho, we were 4 asain lads standing

• Like 1

Must have been close to me, We were in same block and row. Cant remember seat numbers tho, we were 4 asain lads standing

Did I see one of you in the concourse afterwards dancing outside the toilets? That had me welling up too!

Edit - we were on the end of the row. Two little blonde brummies cuddling the black guy with, temporarily, the face of a 6 year old!

Absolutely loved it.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Did you happen to see a guy walking around with "C.Sanchez 24" on the back of his shirt? That was me. :D

I did not but I did look out for you; having no idea what you looked like obviously!

What a day boys. I've still not calmed down. Work is taking a back seat!

What a win! Great day out, left Brum at 10.30am in a minibus, had my mum make samosas and other stuff for the journey and we brought a ice box full off booze. Managed to get down the ground for 1.30 was planning on going Green Man pub but the queue was too large so we parked our minibus next to the park near Green Man and drank there. The park was buzzing, fans were already steaming, great atmosphere all very friendly, even approaching the ground the was a sense of optimism in the air.

Got to our seats, just right of the mosaic so couldnt quite make it out, but saw pic later and it looked great. The match started quote slow I thought, I dont think we would have scored unless Liverpool did. Once they went 1 up I didnt feel any dip the crowds optimism. When we scored I celebrated with rage, I felt the kind of emotion Benteke showed in his celebration. After the equaliser it was all us. They never got into the game.

Wembley is a fantastic stadium, quite easily to get food and drink, big concourse too to spread out. Only thing is its £5.20 for a pint and its watered down. Daylight robbery. Quite good segregation too, dont think i saw more than a handful Lpool fans walking around.

Cannot wait for the final now, think i'll be stopping the night regardless of the score. UTV!

• Like 1

My head is very, very sore.

Outplayed Liverpool, amazing. Just, amazing.

But also gave the fans of a Sky-4 "European Royalty" team with regular creaming pundits and absolute BATTERING in the stands. Our boys that made the trip made the atmosphere in that stadium, I'm proud of them.

great day,great game,..slow journey from digbeth coach,pubs full at 12,drank on a grass area,cold but warm heart, my heart sank when they scored,but it was healed soon after,we out sang them,out played them,out fought them

i stood in tears at FT,im 44 now & dont think i would see villa in the FA CUP final in my life,looking forward to hear abide with me on 30th may ..UTV

this post gave me goosebumps

I feel ya

Absolutely wonderful day. Although not impressed by the idiot who got himself and his kids chucked out after the bin dippers scored. Why take the risk of going in amongst the opposition fans especially with young kids. Madness.

You must have been by me? The kid was in a Liverpool shirt. Felt sorry for the kid because of his idiotic dad!

Best performance I've seen from Villa for a long time. Nothing more to say about the performance then what others have said really. Best atmosphere I've ever experienced by far. Had goosebumps after the final whistle at the incredible support.

What on earth was that Villa song they played before the game?? Have never heard it before and was embrassing compared to Liverpool's YNWA.

I drove to the game and parked at Wembley but saw tweets of pictures of hundreds of fans outside the train station at Snow Hill? and on the way back from Wembley. Was the train travel total chaos then?? Looked it looking at the queues.

I actually thought Richardson was awful again yesterday. So many unforced errors but bloody hell was I glad he was there at the corner. We were already on the back foot by this point and there would only have been one outcome so THANK YOU KEIRAN!

Edited by troon_villan
  • Like 1

As everyone else says, it was an amazing day. Atmosphere was just incresible, like nothing I can remember - and the Liverpool fans might as well not have been there.

Surprised how many people were singing along to Aston Villa That's Who, which surprised me by actually not sounding as naff as I expected it to!

Shoutout to the guys a few rows behind who were singing 'Jack Grealish, he grows his own veg' :-)

Wonderful day. Shame the final probably won't recapture that atmosphere if it has reduced ticket allocation, but should still be amazing.

Â