Ratings and Reactions: Villa - Liverpool

limpid

Christ on a bike. That was fun. Benteke, Delph, Grealish, Clev.......ah balls...every damn one of em were magnificent. And the atmosphere was stunning. The scenes at the final whistle will live long in the memory 

Edited by TrinityRoadSteps
  • Like 3

Just got back from a fantastic day with some excellent people (you know who you are)

Perfect day. Fans were amazing completely drowned out the scousers. Delph was my motm and we completely deserved it. They couldn't handle Tekkers and grealish. We totally dominated and kept sterling quiet. Noticed a load of villa fans in the Liverpool end. To be fair Liverpool fans were gracious in defeat and the banter was great.

It's gonna be a tough ask but as I said to a fellow vtalker said the good times are back under Sherwood. We can dream. #anythingspossible

• Like 2

First time at Wembley today. Fantastic atmosphere in the Villa end. Liverpool were very quiet. Villa fan was so loud my ears are ringing. Cleverly was amazing clearly motm for my. He closed everything down. Grealish just need a goal, then he will be unstoppable. UTV

Absolutely incredible day.

I'll write more later, but for the moment here's something for the VT Photoshop experts to get their teeth stuck into

1fe112a6b7b7278296ff7ad61b083093.jpg

Clearly has to be a dildo.

Of course.

I'm genuinely shocked it hasn't already been done!

Jack was sound to be fair to him.

1) Grealish looks a very good player and was outstanding today. Westwood was also very good, must've read the report from James Nursey based on that performance which makes you wonder if it was perhaps planned.

2) Benteke is back to his best without any question

3) Really nice to see a different approach from Sherwood

4) Michael Oliver did his utmost best to give Liverpool everything, How Moreno managed to escape a booking for that 90 is a mystery in itself.

5) We deserved this, players put everything out there. Still not keen on Richardson and he looked absolutely tired at the end of it but can't fault THAT clearance which again proves they put everything out there.

6) We aren't far off a decent team but we have been here before saying this and rarely build on it.

7) Back at Wembley for the final!

What a great day! Class atmosphere in our end.

We bossed them start to finish. Cleverley was **** immense!! My motm. Closely followed by Delph, Grealish and Benteke.

Can't wait for the final!

Just back.

A weakened Villa team dominated Liverpool who looked clueless and nervous from the very start. Villa fans completely out sang the Liverpool fans from start to finish (best fans in the world...) 

Thought everyone played well, but particularly pleased with our midfield who were astounding to a man. Delph with a captain's performance, Cleverley was just tireless - so vital to the win and I would now be gutted if he doesn't sign in the summer. Westwood had a brilliant game as well and got stuck right in physically. That's the midfield three I'd like us to play with and it was so effective today.

Absolutely thrilled by the way Grealish played, the ball just sticks to his feet and he looks like he's not trying. If he maintains focus and keeps on developing he really will be some player. Nzogbia always looked a threat, and Benteke was at his intelligent, powerful and unplayable best. Has everything required to become a top, top striker. 

Top marks to Tim Sherwood and every single player. A day I will not forget for the rest of my life. Thank you, AVFC - I love you!

Tekkers owned their back line, delpth played like we knew he could, grealish was the best 19 year old on the pitch and played way beyond his years. Westwood did the graft and smart stuff,vlarr did well in what ever position he ended up. But the day has to go to Jumping jack flash its a grealash,  .

Â