Ratings and Reactions: Villa - Liverpool

limpid

It was my first trip to see a game at Wembley, and for the first 45 minutes I just wondered whether because it's such a massive stadium the acoustics didnt let us hear any liverpool songs.

It just turned out there werent any.

• Like 1

Absolutely wonderful day. Although not impressed by the idiot who got himself and his kids chucked out after the bin dippers scored. Why take the risk of going in amongst the opposition fans especially with young kids. Madness.

You must have been by me? The kid was in a Liverpool shirt. Felt sorry for the kid because of his idiotic dad!
Think I must have been. Was in block 143. One thing I will say is I saw one of our lot shouting and swearing at the kid (his dad was a few steps behind him on the way out). No need to do that at a kid. The dad, absolutely, but not the 8-9 year old little kid.

I drove to the game and parked at Wembley but saw tweets of pictures of hundreds of fans outside the train station at Snow Hill? and on the way back from Wembley. Was the train travel total chaos then?? Looked it looking at the queues.

I saw those pictures too. The queues started at like 8am

My train was from Birmingham International at 10:40, so i was terrified that all the people from the main birmingham stations would already be on the trains and it would be chaos.

But it was fine. In fact it was quiet when I got on. Train was full by the time we got to London but only the seats. Nobody was standing or anything.

Way back was fine too. No bother.

Edited by Stevo985

Absolutely wonderful day. Although not impressed by the idiot who got himself and his kids chucked out after the bin dippers scored. Why take the risk of going in amongst the opposition fans especially with young kids. Madness.

You must have been by me? The kid was in a Liverpool shirt. Felt sorry for the kid because of his idiotic dad!
Think I must have been. Was in block 143. One thing I will say is I saw one of our lot shouting and swearing at the kid (his dad was a few steps behind him on the way out). No need to do that at a kid. The dad, absolutely, but not the 8-9 year old little kid.

Yeah I was 142

Can I highly recommend hiring someones drive , we did this got back to Tipton at 8.25 pm and that was with me stopping at some services its also a hell of alot cheaper than parking at Wembley.

Anyway on to the match , i thought we played brightly through out , our attacking play seems so confident the little one touch stuff in midfield was fantastic to watch , I actually thought Benteke was struggling with an injured for the majority of the match but damn that boy put a shift in .

Grealish is so damn exciting to watch he goes a little over the top at times and there's others i just wish he'd of pulled the trigger instead of passing it . 

The only one that seemed to struggle was Richardson I know he's not a left back , but he needed helping out more . fair play on that superb goal line clearance though .

I'm just hopping we can get a ticket for the final .

I saw someone in  C Sanchez 25 shirt - I particularly noticed it because one of our party had one on too - so I must have seen you Mantis?

I was gonna say. If you can't get a ticket to the final then he can have mine ;)

Lol, no way we can get a ticket with our booking history being stuck down south, We helped the boys through the quarter's and semi's, this one they will have to do on there own :)

Can I highly recommend hiring someones drive , we did this got back to Tipton at 8.25 pm and that was with me stopping at some services its also a hell of alot cheaper than parking at Wembley.

Anyway on to the match , i thought we played brightly through out , our attacking play seems so confident the little one touch stuff in midfield was fantastic to watch , I actually thought Benteke was struggling with an injured for the majority of the match but damn that boy put a shift in .

Grealish is so damn exciting to watch he goes a little over the top at times and there's others i just wish he'd of pulled the trigger instead of passing it .

The only one that seemed to struggle was Richardson I know he's not a left back , but he needed helping out more . fair play on that superb goal line clearance though .

Where did you book the parking?

• Like 1

Where did you book the parking?

Misses did it , i'm pretty sure she did it via Ebay though .

What a day! :D

Took my 8 year old son to his first Wembley visit, he said it was the best day of his life,it doesn't get much better than that!

When we got home he went straight to bed and took his ticket, programme, and flag to bed with him! He got up this morning buzzing to go school and packed them all again to take in and show his mates and as he said rip into them!

Living on the south coast he never get's to see any Villa fans, he is always getting it from UTD,City, Liverpool, Arsenal,Chelsea,Spurs and Saints fans he was so chuffed to get in to school and let them have it :) I felt well chuffed for him to finally have something to brag about he deserves a little something for sticking with Villa down here, he never gives in to the pressure of glory hunting  like all the other kids around here.

He is also some sort of lucky charm, I started taking him to games 3 seasons ago, considering the the crap 3 seasons we have had it a shocking stat that in the 14 games he has been too home and away we have won 12 and drawn 2 and never lost! no wonder he sticks with us with that record he cant believe we don't win the premier league :)

Get him a season ticket, we'll win the league!  :D

• Like 1

Green Man before and after, ran into loads of familiar faces, missed the last train home due to still being out drinking the wrong side of London, got back Monday about 4pm.

Everyone was brilliant, apart from maybe Richardson, Okore and Zog, but they weren't that bad.

Grealish, Delph, Vlaar and Benteke absolutely sublime.

What a grand few days.

Â