Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

There could be a number of reasons as to why he didn't sign last month, but perhaps those reasons might be given a rethink with him now facing the real possibility of training with the Spurs development squad and not kicking a ball in a competitive game for up to a year.

I hope so, think he'd be a fantastic signing.

If he can be arsed he's world class. if not...

Adebayor and lescott and we'll have our best season in years.

Agreed. Though if we call "years" 5 years, it will be regardless.

The way Lescott is mentioned in that article, an interview with the manager, as being done I think we can count on that.

• Like 1

My only concern is.....is he up for it? 31, coming to the closing stages of his career. Going to be picking up 100k a week for 1 more season, I'm not worried about his ability. Seen enough of him to know when he's at it he's unplayable....but has he got the stones or the willingness to dig in & fight when we need it.

I hope he sees if he can get back to a good level how much we'd improve in the final third. But all I can imagine him thinking is "I don't need this move": it all comes downs to if he still has the desire to play. Sit on his arse picked up 100k or potentially be scrapping it out at the bottom end of the prem (that's not to be negative more what we prob is thinking)

Im not asking because im doubting his ability ( i really have no idea how hes played recently)...but why is pulis letting lescott go? Dont really understand? iirc he was letting him go before they signed evans? If there was ever one position that pulis would know about(,?) that would be CB.

Edited by gharperr