Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Would love it but can't see it. If Adebayor wanted to come here then surely he'd have signed when he was at the club last month.

Exactly can't see it myself

Or he was hoping for a deal with West Ham to keep him in London and now that has fallen through he will come here to try and put himself in the shop window for a new contract with some club next summer.

Sherwood talking pretty openly about Adebayor in the report, I think it'll probably happen.

Think youre right.... Telegraph

Aston Villa back in for Emmanuel Adebayor

Tim Sherwood will make a late move to take Spurs striker on deadline day and sign Joleon Lescott from West Brom

Emmanuel Adebayor

Emmanuel Adebayor could yet end up at Villa Park Photo: REUTERS

John Percy By John Percy10:30PM BST 31 Aug 2015Follow CommentsComments

Tim Sherwood is ready to revive his bid to sign Emmanuel Adebayor and will complete a deal for Joleon Lescott on Tuesday.

Sherwood will make a late move to take Adebayor on deadline day after the Tottenham Hotspur forward's switch to West Ham collapsed.

Tim Sherwood has already met Adebayor this summer

Adebayor has already met Sherwood for talks and remains a target for Villa in a loan deal which could run until the end of the season.

The 31-year-old is training with Spurs' development team and has no future under Mauricio Pochettino, with his £100,000 a week contract expiring next summer.

Aston Villa are also poised to sign Joleon Lescott from West Brom

But Sherwood, who successfully revitalised the Togo international's career during his spell at White Hart Lane, is still considering a last-ditch attempt to sign him before the window closes.

He said: "I can only talk about him as a footballer and a friend, he's a good guy and a very good footballer. It's a shame he's not played on a regular basis more often. It depends on how the dominoes go.

"Ade has been used to training with the reserves, he's been doing that for a number of years since he's been at Tottenham which is a shame for someone with such a talent.

• Premier League transfer news and rumours - live

"The due diligence is done, I know the player and then it's up to me to get the best out of him if he was to come here. But he's a Tottenham player - well he's not, he's a Tottenham development player! Never rule it out, but don't rule it in either."

Lescott is due to have a medical at Villa's training ground on Tuesday and will complete a £1.5million move from West Bromwich Albion.

The former England international has been offered a two-year deal by Villa and leaves Albion after barely 12 months.

There could be a number of reasons as to why he didn't sign last month, but perhaps those reasons might be given a rethink with him now facing the real possibility of training with the Spurs development squad and not kicking a ball in a competitive game for up to a year.

I hope so, think he'd be a fantastic signing.