Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I was away from VT for 24 hours. I come back, I see talk of Valdes, Berahinho and Cavani. For a second i thought I got the wrong website and i found myself on a liverpool or a newcastle forum.

Delusion is the word.

Edited by Mic09

I was away from VT for 24 hours. I come back, I see talk of Valdes, Berahinho and Cavani. For a second i thought I got the wrong website and i found myself on a liverpool or a newcastle forum.

Delusion is the word.

'Missing the joke' are another three words.

I dont think sarcasm was used regarding those 3 names..

Apart from the price tag I don't think Berahinho is that unrealistic.

So apart from the thing that needs to happen to make the thing happen, which is never going to happen you think this could happen?

Why are you asking me, aren't you the one with the 'ITK'?

Edited by useless

Apart from the price tag I don't think Berahinho is that unrealistic.

Problem with signing him is it would be one season of him scoring 15-20 goals and then he'd start playing his face demanding a move to one of the top 4, he wouldn't stay as long as Benteke.

I really like him as a striker but just don't see why he'd want to come here when Spurs were in and WBA wouldn't sell him to them.

With Kozak not leaving today that means lescott will be the only signing tomorrow.

Still an excellent window but disappointing that it's so close to being exceptional, shame Lerner is still in charge.

Edited by DCJonah

It's been a top window considering the wreckage in the middle of July when Delph and Benteke both left within 48 hours.

We've signed Gana, Amavi and Richards for under 20m. Think about that when you see some of the fees in the next 24 hours. If we sold all three at end of season we'd get close to 40m.

However.....when we sold Benteke I assumed the plan was to sign an experienced prem striker and a more long term project from abroad. So with Adebayor deal going cold I don't quite understand how Gestede has been bumped up to assume that experienced striker status with Ayew being the long term project as Rudy will struggle to live up to that.

Very good transfer window imo but missed opportunity if no new striker comes in tomorrow. 

• Like 2