Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Agreed. We must be getting desperate if anyone is considering balotelli or michu. Both completely gone. I wouldn't be mad about adebayor but might do a one season temp job.

Balotelli isn't "gone" at all. He's had a shit season sure, but he's a 1 in 2.5 striker in Europe's top leagues who just turned 25.

He's way out of our league.

• Like 2

Agreed. We must be getting desperate if anyone is considering balotelli or michu. Both completely gone. I wouldn't be mad about adebayor but might do a one season temp job.

Balotelli isn't "gone" at all. He's had a shit season sure, but he's a 1 in 2.5 striker in Europe's top leagues who just turned 25.

They can barely give him away.

Whether we're in for him or not, Austin would be perfect for us.

A bit of Premier experience, an English player for that 'balance' that has been talked of and lowish fee and wages.

£15m is not a lot for ANY striker, never mind one who scored freely in this league last season and broke in to the England squad. People talk of injuries but 1) a 'Nilis' could happen to any signing, you insure for that as best you can and 2) I seem to recall our most adored player having a slight issue with his knees!

The problem we have now is that we are using Randy money instead of sales so any chance of significant expenditure is radically reduced. Yes, it's the net spend argument and we're still one of the lowest spenders because Randy will not invest so IF we get any further players I expect them to be for nominal fees or loans.

Balotelli wouldn't consider joining a team who's just finished 17th in the league. An Italian team around the europa league places will pick him up I reckon.

Which is part of the problem IMO, he thinks he is far far better than he actually is. Its what is medically known as 'Nicklas Bendtner syndrome'

They can barely give him away.

I know. He needs to get his head back on its shoulders, fast.

Would anyone take Defoe for a year? Unhappy at Sunderland. I think I'd have him.

I have been thinking this for a while but didnt want to put on here as some people would think im crazy at the thought,I think he would be a decent signing as he is proven and a goalscorer.

Would anyone take Defoe for a year? Unhappy at Sunderland. I think I'd have him.

I have been thinking this for a while but didnt want to put on here as some people would think im crazy at the thought,I think he would be a decent signing as he is proven and a goalscorer.

I think he'd be a good option to partner Gestede or come off the bench. I think he'd hit double figures in our team.

I hear he'll be at the Belfry on the 28th for something that's happening on the 29th..... 100% fact.
  • Like 1

I'd definitely take Defoe for a year. Yes, he's primarily a poacher, but unlike Bent he can play a little and he's not fat and shit.

I can't imagine Sunderland will sell him though. They are truly **** if they do, if they aren't already.

Edit - though I hadn't realised Dick had been playing him wide left until now? What the **** is that all about? Maybe they don't value him after all.

I'd be delighted to have him.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

I'd definitely take Defoe for a year. Yes, he's primarily a poacher, but unlike Bent he can play a little and he's not fat and shit.

I can't imagine Sunderland will sell him though. They are truly **** if they do, if they aren't already.

You honestly think we're going to pay that hotel bill? He must have been living in Moor Hall for the past 5 years.

• Like 1

Personally I think Balotelli could be an absolutely amazing signing.

Unlike some think if a deal could be struck for say a 1 year loan with a view to buy and maybe a split on the wages it could work for all parties. Balotelli will want to stay in England I believe and even if an Italian team came in for him they will not pay all his wages either. Therefore I think his own options will be limited and going on loan for a season is not going to interfere with his career as currently he's about as wanted as HIV. Maybe the possibility of linking up with Richards again would entice him?! Or the chance to be the main boy up front in a young and exciting team?! Especially with the euros only 10 months away. 

I think if we could bring him in and give him responsibility to help get the best out of our youngsters we would get the best out of him. Someone like Sherwood I think could do that. Ok Mourinho etc failed, however I think in the right environment and now in his mid twenties he will get his shit together soon and whoever he is playing for will get a real player back. I would have him in a heartbeat given the chance.

Balotelli wouldn't consider joining a team who's just finished 17th in the league. An Italian team around the europa league places will pick him up I reckon.

Which is part of the problem IMO, he thinks he is far far better than he actually is. Its what is medically known as 'Nicklas Bendtner syndrome'

Insolence!! That will be Lord Bendtner to thee, dog!