Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Didn't know where else to put this:

http://www.90min.com/posts/2423605-predicting-how-the-final-2015-16-premier-league-table-will-look?a_aid=35709

They predict us to finish 18th.

There's no getting away from the fact that 2015/16 will be a long, hard season for Tim Sherwood and Aston Villa. The club has been busy over the summer, but a lot of inexperienced talent and relative unknowns have arrived when they really needed a number of proven battlers.

Villa fans will pray that things fall nicely into place as happened at Southampton 12 months ago, although they could easily find themselves relegated for the first time in nearly 30 years.

What a stupid article. Not saying we're definitely going to do well but I'm much happier with really highly rated players like Amavi, Gueye and Veretout than overrated PL plodders like Huddlestone.
Highly rated players of which 99% of people have never heard of in a tin pot league that is the equivalent of the championship bar one or two teams.

No one whether Villa fans or no nothing journalists can predict how well or badly we will do this year as our team now is a complete unknown so pointless predicting.

Ligue 1 is hardly a "tin pot league". Players like Gueye, Ayew, Veretout and Amavi are blatantly not Championship standard.
How do you know they are not Championship standard? Have you seen them play regularly?

Not trying to be obtuse but makes me smile that all of a sudden alot of Villa fans are now French football experts and seem so confident that we have signed such high quality players when outside of Villa fans nobody has heard of any of them.

Very worrying tbh...and exciting at the same time.

Edited by donnie

Well well well he get's rid of the dross and builds his own team, but still people are not happy!!!  I suppose if we had Bambino (google South Korean girl band) on at half time they would complain about the entertainment as well!!

Didn't know where else to put this:

http://www.90min.com/posts/2423605-predicting-how-the-final-2015-16-premier-league-table-will-look?a_aid=35709

They predict us to finish 18th.

There's no getting away from the fact that 2015/16 will be a long, hard season for Tim Sherwood and Aston Villa. The club has been busy over the summer, but a lot of inexperienced talent and relative unknowns have arrived when they really needed a number of proven battlers.

Villa fans will pray that things fall nicely into place as happened at Southampton 12 months ago, although they could easily find themselves relegated for the first time in nearly 30 years.

What a stupid article. Not saying we're definitely going to do well but I'm much happier with really highly rated players like Amavi, Gueye and Veretout than overrated PL plodders like Huddlestone.
Highly rated players of which 99% of people have never heard of in a tin pot league that is the equivalent of the championship bar one or two teams.

No one whether Villa fans or no nothing journalists can predict how well or badly we will do this year as our team now is a complete unknown so pointless predicting.

Ligue 1 is hardly a "tin pot league". Players like Gueye, Ayew, Veretout and Amavi are blatantly not Championship standard.
How do you know they are not Championship standard? Have you seen them play regularly?

Not trying to be obtuse but makes me smile that all of a sudden alot of Villa fans are now French football experts and seem so confident that we have signed such high quality players when outside of Villa fans nobody has heard of any of them.

We can also go by stats. The stats for both Amavi and Gueye are very impressive. 

The thing that the predictions are focusing on is losing Benteke's goals but if we can spread those goals across a better team we will be okay.

I mean we would have only lost 13 goals last season.

Benteke was also the focal point for the team so more chances would have fell to him.

Note I think Benteke is a loss and wish he was part of this team but not the end of world the pre-season reviews would think

Admittedly I haven't but many people who do have commented on how highly rated they are. I could also flip the question round and ask you have you ever seen them play regularly?

West brom have spent 25m with no player sales we can't do that with randy in charge

It's August the 7th buddy. Best to save it.

I'll bet you £20 to Acorns that with Rondon coming in, IF he comes in, Berahino will be gone by January 31st

• Like 3

The money's dried up randy won't sanction much more we all deep down know this

West brom have spent 28m with no player sales we can't do that with randy in charge

They've spent 9.5m + the undisclosed fee for Lambert.

I assume the 12 in your name refers to your age.

plus 15m for rondon