Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

There's no smoke without fire and it's becoming more and more clear that Sherwood thinks we're light on the right (hey that rhymes!).  I originally thought with Gil, Sinclair and Bacuna we were OK there but it's becoming apparent that he has bigger plans for Sinclair (which is a good thing) and that Bacuna might be used further back.  So we only really have Gil.

Sinclair could easily be the striker we need without signing another this window. The guy scores whenever he gets a chance to shoot which as a midfielder can be time limited, as a striker with creative options he could be banging them in for fun..

I'd love to see Sinclair given a free role behind a central striker.  I really think we'd see the kind of form that got him a move to Man City.  I think he could be our star player this season even amongst all the high profile signings we've managed to bring in.

I think its more that Sinclair doesnt really work on the right. Though he is obviously right footed I dont think he has ever really played there in his career.

Gil I dont think Sherwood rates as a winger, I think he wants pace in that position.

Bacuna - good crosser but is average at best in that midfield role. He's a super attacking pretty ropey defending full back for me or nothing.

Didn't know where else to put this:

http://www.90min.com/posts/2423605-predicting-how-the-final-2015-16-premier-league-table-will-look?a_aid=35709

They predict us to finish 18th.

There's no getting away from the fact that 2015/16 will be a long, hard season for Tim Sherwood and Aston Villa. The club has been busy over the summer, but a lot of inexperienced talent and relative unknowns have arrived when they really needed a number of proven battlers.

Villa fans will pray that things fall nicely into place as happened at Southampton 12 months ago, although they could easily find themselves relegated for the first time in nearly 30 years.

What a stupid article. Not saying we're definitely going to do well but I'm much happier with really highly rated players like Amavi, Gueye and Veretout than overrated PL plodders like Huddlestone.

• Like 1

I'd rather get relegated trying to stay in the league with exciting signings that rejuvenate the feel good feeling at the club than sign a group of players that are only desirable because their CV has countless successful relegation battles on it. I'm getting tired of signing "experienced battlers" it's boring as shit to watch.

• Like 1

I'd love to see Sinclair given a free role behind a central striker.  I really think we'd see the kind of form that got him a move to Man City.  I think he could be our star player this season even amongst all the high profile signings we've managed to bring in.

that would be a very pleasant surprise. he does seem to have a knack for banging in goals, so this could prove a very good idea.

Course I have but I have come to learn that even the best youth prospects rarely make it, you have to be extremely special to make it e.g. Grealish
But the point is that its plausible to believe a player won't be any good without it seeming like it's an overly negative stance.

To be fair to SGC, if he's decided a youth player won't make it, he's probably seen the player play a fair bit.

Don't get me wrong, SGC makes some hilarious predictions sometimes (I've ribbed him for it several times) but at least he makes them havign seen that player play for us on numerous occasions.

I would imagine you, and most Villa fans (myself included) have barely seen Crespo play, if at all.

So I think the point SGC was trying to make was why don't we wait and see how the player plays for us, rather than writing him off before he's kicked a ball (competitively) in this country.

It is possible to make a judgement of something without seeing it tho. Not always the best way granted but we do it all the time, with TV, films, food etc. Why does it have to be any different with Football players.

I've read up on him, his career doesn't strike me as one of a player that will do overly well here. That's not to say I'm right or wrong, just like we're not always right with films etc.

It's just natural human opinion if you ask me, to make a judgement on something.

I think hel be shit. Just like some thought sherwood would be - ironically based on a decent stint at spurs.

Butterfingers, doesn't that rather assume that it's a choice of one or the other though?

It does but I feel we are more than adequate in that area.

I'm not a fan of 4-4-2 which, if Lennon were to sign, would suggest is the formation we would go with. Lennon wouldn't come here to play 1 in 3 games or every time we went 4-4-2.

Just looking at the outlay thus far, we are about even. I don't consider it unreasonable for Randy to pump in another £15 mil if needed. I'd rather that go entirely on other areas-I'm quite happy with what we have directly behind the strikers.

I just don't see us having a net £15m spend.