Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Could be a good signing, I guess. Not really needed though as we already have Hutton and Bacuna. Hope we're not signing him as a center back though, that will be shit.

Edited by PieFacE

Personally I don't want Richards. 

He's not great at cb and not good enough going forward to fit into what TS wants from a RB?

He's sort of similar to Cissokho on the other side, in regards to being quite good defensively but not technically great so lacks going forward?

I don't believe it. 

Edited by avfcwills10

The problem with Richards is he's chronically injured or unfit, he's too bulky for a footballer. He's played 19 league games in 4 years.

Edited by Mr_Dogg

Richards? Really?! Taking away the fact that he is a pretty average footballer and not much, if at all, of an improvement over our current right backs, he is just injured way to often for the signing to make any sense.

If OUR manager deems them good enough to improve our squad, if he deems then to have the drive to win, if he deems them worthy to pull on our shirt, then I'm backing that player.

So, if Micah Richards joins Aston Villa FC I'm behind him 100%.

As long as his wage is reasonable :P

• Like 4

I would be happy with Richards as long as the wages are right, also I believe the injury thing is more played out than it should be, he lost his place at Man City to Zabaleta who is one of the best in the world at right back, then at Fiorentina their manager changed system and played 3 at the back I believe. (im not saying he hasnt had his injuries, just that more is made of them than it should be)

another factor for me is (I hope) he has made his money at Man City and now just wants to play football.

EDIT: just checked wikipedia and the season before Zabaleta joined City he played 29 league games - 37 appearances in total.

Edited by DrUnKeNbUm

Don't we have enough players to keep our medical team busy already without Micah "Sicknote" Richards.

We're about to lose Vlaar so he will need replacing.
  • Like 2

On the right deal Richards could be an ok signing as a squad filler but I hope he is at the low end of the type of player we are looking to add. Need better quality proven players and not just athletes.

What is he 26/27, so it wouldn't be a last pay day. I don't know what his fitness condition is but he is strong, has bags of pace and can play in a number of different positions. So yes worth the risk if the price is right. 

What is he 26/27, so it wouldn't be a last pay day. I don't know what his fitness condition is but he is strong, has bags of pace and can play in a number of different positions. So yes worth the risk if the price is right. 

About to turn 27 according to Wiki.

I think the guy is a solid right back.  Far better than anything we've got, has experience of playing at a high level and is available on a free transfer.  As I say, if the wages aren't ridiculous it's a no brainer for me.

• Like 3

About to turn 27 according to Wiki.

I think the guy is a solid right back.  Far better than anything we've got, has experience of playing at a high level and is available on a free transfer.  As I say, if the wages aren't ridiculous it's a no brainer for me.

Yes played for England at right back, no brainer for me too. 

I've often wondered what he'd be like in midfield, albeit this is based on him being an absolute beast as DM for me on Footy Manager. There's definitely room for him in the squad, once he gets going he is very hard to stop and decent attacking corners and free kicks. Free transfer, still reasonably young, bit of a gamble but for no fee and the potential of having an international full back on our hands it's one worth taking IMO.