Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

What is he 26/27, so it wouldn't be a last pay day. I don't know what his fitness condition is but he is strong, has bags of pace and can play in a number of different positions. So yes worth the risk if the price is right. 

About to turn 27 according to Wiki.

I think the guy is a solid right back.  Far better than anything we've got, has experience of playing at a high level and is available on a free transfer.  As I say, if the wages aren't ridiculous it's a no brainer for me.

Yes played for England at right back, no brainer for me too. 

so did Gary Neville but I wouldnt sign him

He has 1 cap in 5 years in a position England have been weak in that Phil Jones and Glen Johnson play most of the games in that position in that time

What is he 26/27, so it wouldn't be a last pay day. I don't know what his fitness condition is but he is strong, has bags of pace and can play in a number of different positions. So yes worth the risk if the price is right. 

About to turn 27 according to Wiki.

I think the guy is a solid right back.  Far better than anything we've got, has experience of playing at a high level and is available on a free transfer.  As I say, if the wages aren't ridiculous it's a no brainer for me.

Yes played for England at right back, no brainer for me too. 

so did Gary Neville but I wouldnt sign him

He has 1 cap in 5 years in a position England have been weak in that Phil Jones and Glen Johnson play most of the games in that position in that time

Still quicker than Lowton.

Just had a look on City forum and a lot of their fans rate him highly – quite a few saying they prefer him to Bacary Sagna.  Sees like a top bloke, loads of heart, good experience, and wants to prove a point - worth a punt surely?

• Like 4

The problem with Richards is he's chronically injured or unfit, he's too bulky for a footballer. He's played 19 league games in 4 years.

Would be a nice partner for Joe Cole.. on the injury table.

The old bait and switch.

But in no other appropriate sense would any right back be a good partner for Joe Cole. So it really doesn't work. 

And I'm furious about it

• Like 1

If we do sign Richards, what does it mean for Lowton, Hutton and Bacuna?

It seems obvious we're going to offload Lowton, Bacuna has been one of our better players this season and Hutton only recently signed a new deal. Hmmm

Sell Lowton, keep Hutton a backup and tell Bacuna we're going to play him more in midfield? Possibly?

ASTON VILLA boss Tim Sherwood is close to signing Micah Richards and bringing him back to the Premier League.

Sherwood will pick up free agent Richards and has been given the nod by Randy Lerner to do the deal despite the club being in the middle of takeover talks.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6497480/Micahs-a-Sher-thing.html

• Like 1

Why would he sign for us without knowing who's going to own the club. Unless he's been told, in which case I don't think it'll be too long before we all know. I'd take it as confirmation that Sherwood's going nowhere too. But then again coming from the sun newspaper it could be just guess work.

I follow Richards on Twitter and he was on his way to Dubai a few days ago.

Could be a great signing on a free if he can stay fit. My City supporting mate likes him, but obviously highlights his injury woes, saying he thinks he's too muscular and bulky.

Good cover at centre back and right back if it happens.

Why would he sign for us without knowing who's going to own the club. Unless he's been told, in which case I don't think it'll be too long before we all know. I'd take it as confirmation that Sherwood's going nowhere too. But then again coming from the sun newspaper it could be just guess work.

Someone has been given exclusivity to have a look at our books and maybe make a bid. They may not. Aston villa football club isn't going to grind to a halt whilst we wait for them to make their minds up. Players will come in, and players will go. The takeover will influence things if the bidders make an acceptable bid. Until then, it's business as usual.

Someone has been given exclusivity to have a look at our books and maybe make a bid. They may not. Aston villa football club isn't going to grind to a halt whilst we wait for them to make their minds up. Players will come in, and players will go. The takeover will influence things if the bidders make an acceptable bid. Until then, it's business as usual.

Say, Fox admitted himself yesterday that the takeover is a dynamic that will affect the club's summer business, until it's sorted one way or the other.