Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Can't believe people actually want Balotelli here. The guy couldn't give a shit, and by all accounts makes that absolutely apparent every day in training.

It's not surprising, he's a big name, he's in the papers everyday and I bet he's ace on FM. In reality he's just another in a long line of naturally talented players who wasted their talent due to their poor attitude/application. He'll never amount to anything.

• Like 2

Looking at Okazaki at Leicester I would like us to sign a player like him. A busy and tricky "number 10" type striker.

If we aren't going in for an ACM I think this would be the best option as he can link up with Gil and Grealish.

Saw the Norwich links to Quintero a while back and thought he would be ideal for us.

Wishful thinking but there you go.

Would anyone take Defoe for a year? Unhappy at Sunderland. I think I'd have him.

We enquires about him before he went to Sunderland and the finances on the deal were I was told mind blowing.

I can't see us going there for that reason, not that I could see Sunderland selling.

If we wait until next summer we could get Austin for free, in which case the no resale value and dodgy legs don't matter so much. £15m is a bit steep for someone who is in his last year and playing for a Championship team.

Buying British means value goes out the window when compared with players in nearby European leagues. It does mean you are pretty sure of no culture shock, and that who is coming has a good idea of what you're about etc. The main point of £15m being too much for a championship player is right though, 15 goals in the prem is one thing, in the championship it's a bit different.

Defending champions will find it easier to sell Moses – who is wanted by Spurs and Aston Villa – than Cuadrado, who cost £27m and has not impressed

Chelsea will listen to offers for Juan Cuadrado or Victor Moses having completed the signing of Pedro from Barcelona for a fee that could rise to £21.4 million.

The likelihood is that Chelsea will find it easier to sell Moses – who is wanted by both Tottenham Hotspur and Aston Villa – than Cuadrado, who cost £27 million from Fiorentina and has struggled to impress

Link to Moses.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11815284/Chelsea-transfers-Club-to-listen-to-offers-for-Juan-Cuadrado-or-Victor-Moses-after-signing-Pedro.html

Three heading for Villa exit door as Bacuna signs

Kieran Richardson, Charles N’Zogbia and Philippe Senderos are all heading for the Villa exit door – but Lendro Bacuna has signed a new long-term deal.

Of all the stories during this window I'd love this one to be true.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/aston-villa-fc/2015/08/20/three-heading-for-villa-exit-door/

If we wait until next summer we could get Austin for free, in which case the no resale value and dodgy legs don't matter so much. £15m is a bit steep for someone who is in his last year and playing for a Championship team.

Buying British means value goes out the window when compared with players in nearby European leagues. It does mean you are pretty sure of no culture shock, and that who is coming has a good idea of what you're about etc. The main point of £15m being too much for a championship player is right though, 15 goals in the prem is one thing, in the championship it's a bit different.

I don't understand this constant reference to him being 'a Championship player'. I know it's a statement of fact, but it's totally divorced from any analysis of his actual ability. 

Nzogbia someone like Wigan on loan picking up a % of his wages has got to be better for all concerned?

For all concerned it has to make sense that Nzogbia goes to a club like, i dont know say Wigan,  even on loan with them paying some of his wages

If we can get rid of Nzogbia even some of his wages with him playing at a lower league club like Wigan for 12 months that makes sense surely?

• Like 3

He wouldn't actually be free. There will be a hefty fee for him to sign - Andre Ayew got £6m from Swansea for signing on a free transfer - Austin could demand something similar, especially if there's competition for his signature.

Nzogbia someone like Wigan on loan picking up a % of his wages has got to be better for all concerned?

For all concerned it has to make sense that Nzogbia goes to a club like, i dont know say Wigan,  even on loan with them paying some of his wages

If we can get rid of Nzogbia even some of his wages with him playing at a lower league club like Wigan for 12 months that makes sense surely?

He could do a job for Derby - they seem to like our rejects.

I can see you've taken to this repetivie awfull journaliam lark.

By the looks of it you are getting the hang of the nasty journalist's habit of repeating things.

That's obviously you picking up on the repetitve style of the aforementioned journalist.

• Like 3