Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Call me crazy but I think Sherwood could get the best out of Balotelli on loan!

Adebayor and Balotelli are similar players. I'd be okay with this, but as mentioned, Balo is on ridiculous wages. Liverpool would need to cover at least half. 

I think he's a really good player, a natural goalscorer, he'd bag 20 for us I reckon.

But £15m for a player in the championship with a leg and an arm falling off. Scary thought.

Only way I'd pay that type of money for him would be if it was in bonus system, so much if he make so many appearance, scores so many goals and so on, would not pay in lump sum

Couldn't put it in the Lescott thread as it got locked but plenty of the press were saying this morning that as soon as West Brom sign Fazio from Spurs (they are in negotiations although god knows why, he is ridiculously slow for this league) they'll let Lescott go to us. Ties in with him being benched at the weekend so Pulis preparing for life after him.

So I'd say that's our most likely next signing.

Edited by VillaChris

Couldn't put it in the Lescott thread as it got locked but plenty of the press were saying this morning that as soon as West Brom sign Fazio from Spurs (they are in negotiations although god knows why, he is ridiculously slow for this league) they'll let Lescott go to us. Ties in with him being benched at the weekend so Pulis preparing for life after him.

what paper was that in? I don't think we need a centre half, I think we've got enough in this position, if Lescott comes in, that's the end of Baker i think

Ballotelli....I just have this funny notion he would be good for us.

Michu ...could be good too.

Adebayor.....gone right off him......not with a ten foot barge pole.

what paper was that in? I don't think we need a centre half, I think we've got enough in this position, if Lescott comes in, that's the end of Baker i think

The Times and saw it in another paper so likely Pulis has tipped off the journos.

Lescott and another striker before window closes I reckon.

Baker's just signed a new deal, but is at the stage where he needs a good season as first choice under his belt. Lescott has got a year left at this level, so I would expect Baker to go out on loan.

Having said that, I'd rather someone better than Lescott come in if that's the route we're going to take.

Ballotelli....I just have this funny notion he would be good for us.

Michu ...could be good too.

Adebayor.....gone right off him......not with a ten foot barge pole.

Must say I'm of the exact opposite opinion, of those 3 I would prefer Adebayor.

Balotelli could be interesting, he's as mad as a box of frogs, and had a difficult year. There's no doubting he's talented though when it's going right for him and he's already mentioned that he needs to find some form in his career now otherwise he'll be scratching around and struggling to find a club. If Timmy Sherwood can bring at least 50% of his best out of him (what we've seen before) then we'd have one of our best strikers in years (not counting Benteke), it's just about balancing out risk and reward, can we afford for it to go wrong? I would go for a 1 year loan deal with an option to buy...

Given the prices that have been quoted for some bang average, unproven strikers this year (did I read Bristol City Have bid £9m for someone?) I'm surprised people feel that £15m for Charlie Austin is excessive, even in light of his injury record (Loic Remy failed a medical at Plop yet I've seen him mentioned a few times)

We paid nearly £10m for Ayew and I've already seen him being written off as a dud. The fact is that goalscorers cost money, and Charlie Austin in my mind would guarantee us 15 goals. Some respected poster's on have said all along that we aren't interested, but I'd like to see him here and even since the window opened if had a feeling we will get him.

As others have said Mario is totally nuts, I'm glad that people like him still exist in football (I'm not condoning or even claiming to know all of the things that he's got up to) but from the things I've heard he's a real character and one that rightly or wrongly I find interesting. On the field, he can be such a good player, remember that goal he scored for Italy in Euro 2012 vs Germany, that was a belter. Also as others have said he'd be a massive gamble, you'd never know which Mario would turn up on any given day, the goal scorer or the nutter or a bit of both. If we can get a deal with minimal risk to us financially, then I'd go for it... But then, do we want that sort of attention on our great club? Basically, I'm on the fence with that one!