Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

So is Chiriches out of reach for us? I think he'd be a good option.

I think I saw a link a few days ago that Arsenal or another CL team might be interested. So yeah, probably out of our reach.

Given time and at the right club then Chiriches can be a star player. But it probably won't be in the Premier League, and definitely not under Sherwood - he's not the type of player or character that Sherwood will appreciate. 

Most Spurs supporters think he's a bit of a joke, as his opportunities have been few and when they've come he's been thrown into the deep end. 

Ball playing central defender with lot of talent, he will take risks at the back and can be a bit soft. 

Pochettino is going to shape the massive Spurs squad in his image though, there's a lot of quality to be had there. Question is if it's possible to get them at reasonable prices. 

Stambouli, Dembele, Lennon, if Benteke leave then Adebayor would give Sherwood a great one season on loan (don't buy him on a long deal)

Chiriches and Capoue are talented, but Sherwood won't like them and their laid back attitude

Edited by rosenthal

Which isn't 7.

And the OP was that Guzan has made 7 mistakes directly leading to a goal. That article says 5 leading to a shot on target or a goal.

Ergo, it's shite.

I said I think it was something like 7. The sentence was punctuated with a question mark. I wasn't claiming it was Gospel, I couldn't remember the number but I knew it was high

So, who else is freaking out about next season? We have weeks without football and I am already feeling a tad nervous!!

Don't. Ignore it and enjoy the break. The only respite we get.

• Like 3

So, who else is freaking out about next season? We have weeks without football and I am already feeling a tad nervous!!

Pretty hard to freak out about next season in June.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

agree its a disgrace. players should be in for pre-season already

Which isn't 7.

And the OP was that Guzan has made 7 mistakes directly leading to a goal. That article says 5 leading to a shot on target or a goal.

Ergo, it's shite.

The correct stat is that he made 4 errors which directly led to goals, which was the second-highest amount after Rob Green. 

Not sure I can see Friend being the answer to our problems. I can't remember him being very highly rated at Wolves, he couldn't get in their team ahead of Ward. We need someone with more experience at playing at an higher level rather someone who might not be any better than Bennett and the rest.

Not sure I can see Friend being the answer to our problems. I can't remember him being very highly rated at Wolves, he couldn't get in their team ahead of Ward. We need someone with more experience at playing at an higher level rather someone who might not be any better than Bennett and the rest.

He played 7 games for Wolves when he was 20 seven years ago.

Not really fair to judge him on that.

• Like 3

He was only a young kid at Wolves, done really well at Boro and Donny at Championship level.

From what I've seen he's better than Bennett and looks simiar to Aaron Cresswell so think he can step up.

Get someone like Carl Jenkinson or Trippier for RB and we might not even have to sign another full back for about 6 months!

I can see a huge turnover of players this summer like BFR's first off season. Steer,Given, Bennett, Herd, Lowton,Cissokho,Senderos, Vlaar, Gardner, Cole,Gill,Sylla,Tonev,Nzogbia,Helenius,Weimann and quite possibly Benteke could all be off. I would only be really disappointed to see Benteke and Gill go and I am open minded on Vlaar depending on what we are offering to him.

If someone can predict correctly our staring XI in next season first game, then I would like them to predict next's week's lotto results.