Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

Shaun Wright Phillips.

Still warming the bench as he seems to have done for last 10 years...now at New York Red Bulls. In fairness his brother is doing very well out there.

I remember the fuss on here when it was either him or Milner signing in 2008...about 70% wanted SWP then but he was a busted flush and he has done little since.

On 01/08/2016 at 18:07, VillaChris said:

Shaun Wright Phillips.

Still warming the bench as he seems to have done for last 10 years...now at New York Red Bulls. In fairness his brother is doing very well out there.

I remember the fuss on here when it was either him or Milner signing in 2008...about 70% wanted SWP then but he was a busted flush and he has done little since.

I wanted both! SWP on the right, Young on the left and Milner in the middle behind an in form Gabby and Carew. 

Christ, look how we've fallen

35 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Fabian Delph, whatever happened to him?

Earns £90,000 a week, plays in the champions league, won a trophy in his first season which was hampered by several injuries.

why did he leave Villa for THAT???

Steed Malbranque - We were constantly linked with him when he was at Fulham. Seemed quite tricky and scored some good goals when they had players like Boa Morte and that huge black guy they called the fridge... can't remember his name though! He could kick a ball well hard.

Good team with Van der Sar in goal too!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Steed Malbranque - We were constantly linked with him when he was at Fulham. Seemed quite tricky and scored some good goals when they had players like Boa Morte and that huge black guy they called the fridge... can't remember his name though! He could kick a ball well hard.

You're thinking of Papa Bouba Diop.

Name like a League of Gentlemen character.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

The wardrobe. 

Although I think "the fridge" is a better name. The wardrobe's a bit weird actually.

Â