Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

not quite the same but jerome boateng played against us for hamburg, i can remember huntelaar but suarez, vermaelen and vertonghen all played vs us for ajax

Vermaelen scored as well, Suarez was very good and I remember Huntelaar was awful

Ashley Young was easily best player on park from what I remember :(

he barely played for a couple of years, sure he was at fulham, id liken him to gregory van der wiel, came out of ajax with huge potential and reputation, got his big move and got found out pretty much straight away and then hardly played meaning his potential has never been fulfilled 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I always thought Emanuelson looked good, then he went to AC and I literally never heard of him again.

he seemed good going forward but weak defensively, think he actually still playing somewhere in Italy

the Dutch Nicky Shorey for me ;)

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Pavel Pogrebnyak.

Was amazing in 3 games for Fulham, went to Reading and barely did anything.

I remember him, there was a few games in that spell he looked world class, then as you say he never did anything again. Weird. 

Massimo Luongu and Ben Gladwin.

Weeks and weeks of speculation last summer, even remember a Swindon fan coming on here to talk about them. Both went to QPR I think. The facials can't have been all they were cracked up to be. 

last i can remember drenthe was on his way to turkish league obscurity

deisler i can always remember cos you could unlock him on pro evo and he was quality, watched a program on him once about his depression, lots of very respectable german players saying how could he was and could have been

to be fair if most players had the world at their feet and then kept getting injured, sure he played all the qualifiers for germany but missed 3 tournaments, played for a bayern but was barely a part of their title winning teams... a lot of people would suffer mentally from it

Â