Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

9 years ago this weekend Michael Johnson scored v us for Man. City in a 1 win. He was a real prospect for them in those days.

I know he's retired and has had major issues off the pitch but anyone have any up to date articles on what he's up to now?

Last I heard he was or owned his own Estate Agents and seemed to be doing well for himself.

Notts Forest squad must have a good few contenders Mancienne, Perquis, Fox among others. still the best and most random is Stojkovic in goal. Was always a fan in an entertaining way as he is capable of the spectacular and also of some awesome blunders

On 11/09/2016 at 19:36, HanoiVillan said:

Apparently he was only at Albion for five years, one of which was spent on loan away from the club. It felt more like 15 years. 

There was a spell where he was really good and looked like he could be destined for better things

On a similar note, Graham Dorrans. 

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Josh McCheran coming on for Brentford the other night was one for me, he was ridiculous rated at Chelsea not that long ago.

He has been at Brentford ages now. He was very highly rated at Chelsea though as you say. Highly rated by them so that they could loan him out with the other 8,000 loanees. 

Nii Lamptey! Although I have seen a forum member have him as his avatar in about this place. Sasa Curcic and Garry Parker.

External to Villa, from back in the day.... Georgi Kinkladze. He was something else at the height of his form for Citeh.

honourable mentions to Faustino Asprilla and Vinnie Jones. Kids: he was actually a "footballer" back in the day and even became Welsh too.

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Josh McCheran coming on for Brentford the other night was one for me, he was ridiculous rated at Chelsea not that long ago.

the few games he played for Chelsea, think was under Ancelotti he never actually looked any good. He looked look a worse version of Westwood

On 16 September 2016 at 16:23, VillaChris said:

He's been quite good for Brentford but his time there so far has been regularly interrupted by injury. From what I've seen of him this season and last, there's definitely a player in there. You have to wonder how many players the likes of Chelsea and Man City are ruining by not giving them competitive football.

11 minutes ago, choffer said:

He's been quite good for Brentford but his time there so far has been regularly interrupted by injury. From what I've seen of him this season and last, there's definitely a player in there. You have to wonder how many players the likes of Chelsea and Man City are ruining by not giving them competitive football.

I have never rated the lad, he played week in week out for Boro and did absolutely nothing. Just one of those players who doesn't do much, doesn't influence the game, just drifts by.

On 17/09/2016 at 01:36, Midfielder said:

Nii Lamptey! Although I have seen a forum member have him as his avatar in about this place. Sasa Curcic and Garry Parker.

Lamptey was the Adama Traore of the 90's! 

Lamptey's story was tragic, everyone was out to rip him off. Big Ron was the first person that didn't 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I have never rated the lad, he played week in week out for Boro and did absolutely nothing. Just one of those players who doesn't do much, doesn't influence the game, just drifts by.

he actually does remind me of Westwood when he plays. neat and tidy but offers nothing

21 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't want to play the "I've seen him more than you" game as I never really paid him any mind before he arrived at Brentford. I've seen almost all of his (home) games for Brentford though and I see much more in him than you clearly do. His passing is excellent, occasionally drifts in and out of games but has been pretty influential when he has played.  He's had an awful lot of injuries in his short career though.

Oh and he was voted young player of the year by Middlesbrough. 

Edited by choffer

Â