Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

Trouble is, he could equally be a Daniel Sturridge.

......i some how think, the coaches would suss that.....well I would bloody hope so.

...and it's that kind of thinking that means a wage cup for U21 footballers needs to come into play.
Everyone is so worried about missing out on the 'next big thing' they are willing to throw money at these kids.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

...and it's that kind of thinking that means a wage cup for U21 footballers needs to come into play.
Everyone is so worried about missing out on the 'next big thing' they are willing to throw money at these kids.

Pointless, it just gets thrown at their family instead as happens with younger players.

• Like 2

If he doesn't want to sign a generous offer sheet from Villa, not having played a full 90 minutes as a first teamer, he can leave today, IMO. 

I want committed players, not the next Delph.

• Like 1

Agents have to take instruction from their clients. That may sound naive in today's world of football but although he may be influenced the player is in control and it's the player who fans should be directing their anger at.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Agents have to take instruction from their clients. That may sound naive in today's world of football but although he may be influenced the player is in control and it's the player who fans should be directing their anger at.

Yea, what world are you from, the majority of professional footballers I have met, and its a lot are as thick as s##t, easily manipulated.

He's a very good player, it would be a shame to see him leave, I personally hope he doesn't. He's a very nice, funny and seemingly humble guy, I met him at an u23s game last season.

If he leaves this January, we're going to be extremely short of strikers. In my opinion, he could be a really good player in the future, I think he has got it up top (so to speak), let's just wait and see 

He may be a good player at youth level but his brief appearances in the first team have offered nothing on his ability to play at that level so far

no idea what we've offered him and what he thinks he'll get elsewhere but I don't see him being a starter for any prem teams so in that regard he's better off staying where he is and making his mark in the championship next season 

14 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He's a very good player, it would be a shame to see him leave, I personally hope he doesn't. He's a very nice, funny and seemingly humble guy,

A humble Man does not turn down the opportunity to stay with the club that have given him his education, whilst also offering to make him the best paid player ever from our academy.

17 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he has got it up top (so to speak), let's just wait and see 

Playing billy big bollocks without achieving anything in the game would suggest that he really isn't very bright.

15 minutes ago, tismyk said:

Yea, what world are you from, the majority of professional footballers I have met, and its a lot are as thick as s##t, easily manipulated.

Of course a player can be manipulated but it is ultimately the player and his families decision whether any contract is acceptable. 

RHM has hardly tore the youth and reserve teams up so not sure what he has done to justify such acclaim. I'm sure the likes of Byfield, Vassell, the Moore brothers and Delfouneso were far more clinical and revered at youth/reserve level

You would think having the opportunity to play for one of the oldest, grandest teams in football at the 18, as a local lad and supporter, while being the highest paid player in the cubs academy history would be an honour. Clearly not. 

• Like 4

I am actually confident that the new owner and the people he hired have handled this correctly. Just that is a weird feeling. Believe the offered contract was fair to RHM and we should let him walk if his not signing it.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

If he doesn't want to work hard for the club, focus the resources on the ones that do. He's hardly the finished article.

I did feel a little for him when he made his debut though. He looked like a rabbit in headlights stood on the touchline waiting for Benteke to jog over.

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Pointless, it just gets thrown at their family instead as happens with younger players.

Why are people throwing cups around though?

34 minutes ago, avfc1982 said:

He's just trying to get the best deal for himself. I'm sure he'll sign eventually and it's nothing more than a storm in a tea cup really. 

He isn't even a first team player!

I'd get rid - that attitude stinks.

• Like 2

Â