Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I dunno, I guess it's not about what he's achieved but more about what he's worth. I'm not saying I agree with the way it is or like it, but I do understand it.

If we're offering him 15k a week, and someone else is offering him 25k a week, then it's going to make him think about it regardless. (i'm plucking figures out the air here)

He's only human and this is a job. 

Like you I back the club, but I understand RHM's thinking. It is about greed, but greed is only natural for all humans. 

I agree with what stevo said. Done nothing to warrant a high salary. 

• Like 1

Well thats the Manager and the Owner upset by the situation. I think we can deduce from both that there will be no further offers. Its sign up or feck off. 

4 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I assume the only reason Villa will have offered him such a big deal is because he has a massive offer on the table from another club.

If so, is it so irrational of him to try for the best deal he can get?

I don't believe so no. I would honestly probably do the same. As shit as it is, I probably would. 

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

I assume the only reason Villa will have offered him such a big deal is because he has a massive offer on the table from another club.

If he has a bigger offer on the table from another club, then you can see the attraction to not sign with us.....but has he? And even if he has.....do we have to match other clubs gambles/ judgment.

but football has "gamble" in its DNA.....its only good judgment that limits it....and separates the good clubs from the chaff.

We have had our unfair share of reversals on this and thus could be another one waiting to happen.....you can understand the clubs caution.

Its a case of backing your judgement in both camps.

I do understand the clubs stance as well as the player.

I think Aston Villa needs to go back to sticking to its core values and hard held principles of the past, live up to its motto etc.

If players want to play for us they will be well rewarded.....and if they are performing miracles, contracts will be naturally torn up and rewritten by the club, they know the market forces.

However, we have had our fill of lucrative contracts for players sitting on their hands, so if thats what they want the club to do, they can do one.......we will take our chances and sign others.

ps The problem is too many young players think they arrived, before they actually have.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I haven't seen this player play, just seen from a distance the quantity of goals, which in itself can be misleading.

I would be amazed if at this stage our coaches could not identify a big star in the making in which case the argument for signing him should be clear.

If, However they are not sure, judging by the way he scores those goals they are right to be sceptical.

In my experience players that go on to be stars, leave little doubt, even at an early age, albeit I accept there is always the odd exception, like a David Platt or Tony Book( Man City)

4 hours ago, av1 said:

I'd feck him off then. From what I've seen the kid is vastly overrated anyway. 

My loyalty lies with the club.....The club need to be strong in terms of demanding loyalty.....every player at the club needs to understand that and the club needs to illustrate that loyalty is a two- way street.

In the past,We have paid  players handsomely for short changing us....it must stop...if we are ever to get back to the days where players were proud to play for us....we have to stand strong and practice what we preach.

The times of our club being stitched up, must cease.I would say to these players who want lucrative deals before they have produced....." there's no locks on the gates ,keeping you here"

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, TRO said:

I haven't seen this player play, just seen from a distance the quantity of goals, which in itself can be misleading.

I would be amazed if at this stage our coaches could not identify a big star in the making in which case the argument for signing him should be clear.

If, However they are not sure, judging by the way he scores those goals they are right to be sceptical.

In my experience players that go on to be stars, leave little doubt, even at an early age, albeit I accept there is always the odd exception, like a David Platt or Tony Book( Man City)

Absolutely. I have only seen the guy play a couple of times and wasn't really impressed. Now thats not to say he played poorly, but he didn't really stick out as someome that was definitely going to make it, its obviously with some at that level, they just look a cut above. 

Now if coaches had seen this in him there would be no doubts over the contract as i think the club would make the kid an offer that he simply couldn't refuse. Now they have apparently offered to make him the best paid player from the academy so they obviously feel there is something there, but the club has to draw a line in the sand somewhere and trust their judgement. 

As it is, with the Manager and now the Chairman commenting on this i think it will now be resolved pretty quickly one way or another. It sounds pretty much like discussions have reached the 'take it or leave it' stage.

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

He shouldn't have seeing as English clubs can't talk to him until May, can't imagine rangers touching our offer

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, av1 said:

Absolutely. I have only seen the guy play a couple of times and wasn't really impressed. Now thats not to say he played poorly, but he didn't really stick out as someome that was definitely going to make it, its obviously with some at that level, they just look a cut above. 

Now if coaches had seen this in him there would be no doubts over the contract as i think the club would make the kid an offer that he simply couldn't refuse. Now they have apparently offered to make him the best paid player from the academy so they obviously feel there is something there, but the club has to draw a line in the sand somewhere and trust their judgement. 

As it is, with the Manager and now the Chairman commenting on this i think it will now be resolved pretty quickly one way or another. It sounds pretty much like discussions have reached the 'take it or leave it' stage.

We have made some terrible mistakes with players over the years, but we cannot be dictated to.

12 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

This threat of not playing him to till he puts pen to paper has a feel of bullying , to me .

How is that kind of stance going to induce the lad to stay . Once again , we're cutting the nose to spite the face .

I could not disagree more.

what is wrong with signing this deal.....getting in the first team, tearing it up and scoring for fun......and then knocking on the door.

They would rip up this deal.

He could get more than what he is looking for now.

pay, has to be performance related.

scoring a few goals for the academy and hold a gun to the clubs head is not my idea of a prudent negotiation....if he is so confident.....what does he have to worry about, he can almost sign his own pay cheque, if he does the business....doing it in the first team and arguing for more money, is my idea of negotiating with nous.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Another Luke Moore, perhaps ?

Feck him off.....

Trouble is, he could equally be a Daniel Sturridge.

......i some how think, the coaches would suss that.....well I would bloody hope so.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Â