Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

8 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Stan has taken to twitter today to explain his comments were regarding rhm making a loan move.

Considering the team mentioned by Petrov are the team who want to sign him permanently, I am not sure that is what he meant. I mean, why pick Rangers? Easier to say "RHM should stay at Villa and look to head out on loan to show what he can do"

Petrov is just backtracking.

• Like 1

I think with stan there is an element of sour grapes...and you can hardly blame him really. I didn't think it was wise to offer him a contract in the summer based on his age, illness etc, but the guy tried his heart out so he's going to feel rejected. He will probably realise how this has come across given the reaction of fans. Think he deserves to be cut a bit of slack tbh.

Oh, & RHM just needs to knuckle down. Hasn't achieved anything yet, & I think bruce is the type of manager to guide him. Silly move if he leaves imo.

UTV

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Dennis, Stan has explained on Twitter that he was asked a question around Rangers looking to take him on loan. The mail then printed his answer and didn't mention that he was asked about RHM going on loan.

Check out his twitter. He also addresses the accusation of him being sore over what happened in the summer.

We haven't had many players we can look up to and be proud of at this club over the last few years. Stan is one we can and some out of context quotes shouldn't be allowed to tarnish that.

Happy to backtrack on this. 

Mainly due to this: 

Seems nobody knows what RHM is up to. But Stan really needs to be careful next time and maybe fact check before responding. 

if Villa rate him why have we let his contact run so far down? Possibly poor decision making at the club? 

Conversely it does smack a little of bad attitude on his part which does not auger well for the future.

The simple reality is that he is entirely unproven. Common sense would suggest he signs the contract, works had and earns either a better contract or a move. But then again I did say 'common sense'.

• Like 2

Who the **** is Rushian Hepburn-Murphy?

I'll clarify what I mean. The guy has never started a game of professional first team football at any level. Any contract he's going to be given by Villa at the moment is more than at least 95% of the population earn. Why on earth would you reject that when you haven't even been tested at a senior level, Premier League or Ryman's League. Sign whatever professional contract they willing to give you, get your head down and fight for the first team or take a loan option and prove your ability. Grealish is head and shoulders the best talent through our academy in recent years and he had to go out to Notts County before he got a real chance.

Does he think he's going to walk into the first team anywhere else?!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

According to Stan's Twitter he was only talking about a loan to get first team football.

BS ..... that is down with the Lescott car tweet explanation. Stan was bitter and had a dig but got caught out !!!

14 hours ago, TRO said:

I understand the business of getting a better deal, but that is not our business....its his.

we are fans, we want our players to perform.....and then we understand their clamour for financial reward once they have done it.... its called pay back time.

we as a football club have been shafted side ways with players claiming to be the business and producing zilch.

He either finds a way of getting in our first team and rams goals in to the point the club have to give in to him......or he can do one.

sorry, but there is no in between.

My thoughts exactly. 

I couldn't give a toss if we shower him with millions, but it has to happen after he looks like he might score at least one goal. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

if Villa rate him why have we let his contact run so far down? Possibly poor decision making at the club? 

Conversely it does smack a little of bad attitude on his part which does not auger well for the future.

The simple reality is that he is entirely unproven. Common sense would suggest he signs the contract, works had and earns either a better contract or a move. But then again I did say 'common sense'.

I think up to 18 the players can only have 2 yr contracts (can't remember where I heard this so may be way off)

36 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Who to believe, Petrov or someone at the Evening Mail, hmmm, what a tricky one. 

They actually got the story from a paper up in Glasgow who failed to quote the questions he was asked regarding Rangers. Petrov has come out and stated the context in which his quotes were made and given what we know of Stan I see zero reason to call him a liar.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

They actually got the story from a paper up in Glasgow who failed to quote the questions he was asked regarding Rangers. Petrov has come out and stated the context in which his quotes were made and given what we know of Stan I see zero reason to call him a liar.

To be clear, I was agreeing with you. I don't doubt Petrov for a second on this one. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

To be clear, I was agreeing with you. I don't doubt Petrov for a second on this one. 

I know you were mate. I was just clarifying that the Mail got the quotes from a paper up in Glasgow.

This is all bollocks and a fuss over nothing and a simple case of the press doing what they do which is quote people out of context and without printing the question they were asked. It also relates to an 18 year old who has never started a game for us yet has led to a club legend getting a good kicking especially from a few keyboard warriors on twitter. Madness.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I know you were mate. I was just clarifying that the Mail got the quotes from a paper up in Glasgow.

This is all bollocks and a fuss over nothing and a simple case of the press doing what they do which is quote people out of context and without printing the question they were asked. It also relates to an 18 year old who has never started a game for us yet has led to a club legend getting a good kicking especially from a few keyboard warriors on twitter. Madness.

As a situation, it provides an excellent distillation of so much that's wrong with the modern game. 

• Like 2

I don't believe Stan would mean any harm to Aston Villa.....its not in his nature.

I believe he has been misquoted or misrepresented in his comments.

Stan being Stan would wish the best for the club and the player.

• Like 3

The very nature of how RHM is positiong himself in these negotiations, suggests to me he is a man who has doubts about his ability to succeed at first team level.

If he was confident, he would agree to talk from strength.

• Like 1

Â